Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Service Cost And Questions

Is anyone findng any Dealers are cutting the cost of a service. I'm due a 20k on a 57 plate 250 and I'm getting quotes of £425 at best from Hatfield

also, If I don't get Lexus to service but find a good independent, do I risk invalidating the warranty in any way does anyone know?

thanks

Is anyone findng any Dealers are cutting the cost of a service. I'm due a 20k on a 57 plate 250 and I'm getting quotes of £425 at best from Hatfield

also, If I don't get Lexus to service but find a good independent, do I risk invalidating the warranty in any way does anyone know?

thanks

the 20k service should cost about 300,tell your lcal dealer that you have been quoted that figure elsewhere and ask them to price match.you can have indie service without affecting your warranty provided that genuine parts are used and the schedule followed.indie service could prove to be false economy come resale time,just a thought.

Dad always takes his Lexus to the Toyota dealer where my Camry is serviced, costs almost half what Lexus wanted and all the bits will say Toyota made in Japan regardless of whether they come from a Lexus or Toyota dealer.
i tried that at my last service but the toyota garage was £60 more than the lex dealer.

Good one this, just booked mine in at the local Honda Dealer!!!!

Lexus Newcastle want £430 for the 20K service on the 220d and Teesside want £380. The Toyota Dealers, Hodgesons Toyota, Newcastle refused to quote as did RMB Teeside Toyota, both garages are not far from the Lexus dealer and are linked so they have got wise to it.

So Honda do a happiness incentive where they will service any vehicle, phoned and they called back after half an hour, having obtained the service schedule and cost for Lexus parts and quoted £198....now tell me how can they be £182-£252 cheaper?? must be the gold spanners and silk overalls at Lexus or more likely we are being ripped off, big style.

Might give Teesside a ring and see if they will match and see how low they will go, before noting I feel ripped off.

P.S. my BMW services with long life oil and 18-20K intervals was only £180, so adds to the mystery of Lexus prices.

Good one this, just booked mine in at the local Honda Dealer!!!!

Lexus Newcastle want £430 for the 20K service on the 220d and Teesside want £380. The Toyota Dealers, Hodgesons Toyota, Newcastle refused to quote as did RMB Teeside Toyota, both garages are not far from the Lexus dealer and are linked so they have got wise to it.

So Honda do a happiness incentive where they will service any vehicle, phoned and they called back after half an hour, having obtained the service schedule and cost for Lexus parts and quoted £198....now tell me how can they be £182-£252 cheaper?? must be the gold spanners and silk overalls at Lexus or more likely we are being ripped off, big style.

Might give Teesside a ring and see if they will match and see how low they will go, before noting I feel ripped off.

P.S. my BMW services with long life oil and 18-20K intervals was only £180, so adds to the mystery of Lexus prices.

Got a quote from Minnories Durham Toyota (who are the same group as Lexus Newcastle) £130 for 10k service, Lexus Newcastle price matched this. Took it to Lexus experienced excellent customer service attention to detail.

Merv

Merv, thank you

Will give that a go...but the question is, if the 20K service includes the diff oil change and pollen filter adding more, so service should be about £200, how can they then justify coming down by £160-250??? and if they do how can I get my head around them trying to rip me off with the first quote

Merv, thank you

Will give that a go...but the question is, if the 20K service includes the diff oil change and pollen filter adding more, so service should be about £200, how can they then justify coming down by £160-250??? and if they do how can I get my head around them trying to rip me off with the first quote

Exactly - I rang Newcastle for a quote which was circa £240 they said if I got a cheaper quote would I give them the opportunitly to requote because they wanted the business. I told them of my quote from Toyoya, within five mins they rang back and said that they would price match. Guess we have to accept that we are in a age of shopping around in a competitive market place or be "taken to the cleaners".

Merv

Booked mine it at Minories Toyota Durham, 20K service for £180 (cancelled the Honda booking)

Oil and filter, pollen filter, diff oil, brake fluid and general checks all as per schedule, dont think thats bad.

The Lexus dealers couldn't much so will be going to Minoroes from now on

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links