Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Thinking Of Changing

after talking to a few boys at a car show in dublin about their altezza it making me think about changing to one. 220bhp from a smaller lighter engine sounds good to me. are they both basically the same cars apart from engine? and are the good parts supplies for them. any advice would be great guys. dont want to spend too much more on the is200 if i do decide to change. also will my coilovers fit the tezza and my blitz exhaust.

i just thinking if i want to tune i might be better off starting with a altezza????

headmelting. :duh:

hello mate I was recently thinking about doing the same thread here - CLICKY CLICK CLICK

not sure on the fitment of your current parts on a tezza mate :). My main reason for wanting to jump ship is due to the power increase, ideally i want to be running between 300-400 but it seems that a hell of a lot of work would be needed on both to achieve these figures so either way around it you will need to do a lot of upgrading i think the stock internals on a tezza will cope upto 280ish (someone can clarify). I'm just going to keep the lex for a bit then go for a S15 :) or similar.

The RS200 engine is very impressive getting 200bhp+ from a NASP 2.0, but it's going to need revs to do that and in normal driving it might not feel any quicker than the IS200. Obviously when you can keep your foot down and use the top end of the rev range it will fly, but what I would be wondering is how often do you really get chance to open the taps when you're on the road?

My last car was very quick from 5k to 7k RPM but I was very rarely able to use it on public roads, 7k RPM in third gear gave you over 90mph so you can see the problem :)

If the supercharger for the IS200 boosts the torque right across the rev range then personally I'd prefer that over the RS200, but everyone's different.

Good luck with your choice :)

after talking to a few boys at a car show in dublin about their altezza it making me think about changing to one. 220bhp from a smaller lighter engine sounds good to me. are they both basically the same cars apart from engine? and are the good parts supplies for them. any advice would be great guys. dont want to spend too much more on the is200 if i do decide to change. also will my coilovers fit the tezza and my blitz exhaust.

The engine is the heart of any car,

change that and you are making a big change.

Please don't buy an Altezza, just buy an IS and don't turn it to sheite by sticking a stupidly loud kiddies exhaust on it.

I cringe each time I see a 'tezza' with a exhaust the size of a main sewerage drain, tinted windows, booming music and other cretinous rubbish.

Why do these 'citizens' buy such a car then ruin it? do they think they are buying themselves something other than a car?

Rant over

// I'll get my coat

Iv drove both and drove nxt to an altezza and ther is a masive difference in power plus the tezza is easier to tune.

Im thinking about buying altezza manual and swaping the luxuary of my is and puting it in tezza

then selling my is

but.....

then i think if i want quick buy a evo or subaru

i saw a wrx sti L reg 62k 300bhp sell for £1800

got to be honest got my eye on a 52 plate m3

my point exactly which is why i'm holding out for a Nissan S15 :) 250bhp at stock and shed loads of headroom on the stock internals, Singh's was a beast alright but I'd love to see the actual total that he spent on it, he also swapped the IS interior into his tezza and 315bhp would really fly :), would have loved a go in it

my point exactly which is why i'm holding out for a Nissan S15 :) 250bhp at stock and shed loads of headroom on the stock internals, Singh's was a beast alright but I'd love to see the actual total that he spent on it, he also swapped the IS interior into his tezza and 315bhp would really fly :), would have loved a go in it

Exactly, why spend thousands on a car (which is only worth a couple of thou) when you can change the whole thing and get a more powerful car for probably less money. It is also cheaper on the insurance to have a standard car then a modded one. If you swap and change cars a lot then leave it standard, if you tend to keep them for a while then it does make a bit more sense to improve the spec more to your liking.

i not sure so many thoughts goin through my head, have never drove an altezza either so i dont no the difference.

may sound odd but i like the dark green of my is200 and i happy enough with its looks. i no there are things i can do to it like a s/charger but that only brings it up to near the 220bhp of a tezza.

anyone have any performance figures of a s/charged is200 e.g. o-60 and quarter mile.

and the same figures for a standard tezza.?

have been planning nitrous for the is200 after christmas wit a progressive controller for about 220bhp and yes i have had insurance quotes but its still only a standard tezza power.

as for comfort i have been planning bucket seats so luxeries i dont mind losing. more worried about availability of parts and spares for engine and gearbox ect.

The engine is the heart of any car,

change that and you are making a big change.

Please don't buy an Altezza, just buy an IS and don't turn it to sheite by sticking a stupidly loud kiddies exhaust on it.

I cringe each time I see a 'tezza' with a exhaust the size of a main sewerage drain, tinted windows, booming music and other cretinous rubbish.

Why do these 'citizens' buy such a car then ruin it? do they think they are buying themselves something other than a car?

Rant over

// I'll get my coat

i already have a is200 and sorry to say i been modding it lol although i not a big fan of big bodykits ect but i do like drift cars and their graphics lol

in boyracer world there is sensible cruisers and the ones nobody wants at the cruise that ruin it for everyone. we the sensible ones that would prefer the police to take away the nobs that arse about all night and are only there for a drink

i not sure so many thoughts goin through my head, have never drove an altezza either so i dont no the difference.

may sound odd but i like the dark green of my is200 and i happy enough with its looks. i no there are things i can do to it like a s/charger but that only brings it up to near the 220bhp of a tezza.

anyone have any performance figures of a s/charged is200 e.g. o-60 and quarter mile.

have been planning nitrous for the is200 after christmas wit a progressive controller for about 220bhp and yes i have had insurance quotes but its still only a standard tezza power.

Firstly an RS200 has 207bhp from factory (210ps) not 220 bhp and then only when ran on 100ron fuel...

factory quoted 0-60 is 7.2 seconds for the manual transmission

Supercharger is said to knock 2 seconds off the IS200's 0-60 so nothing in it ...

Seen a supercharged IS200 (217bhp on dyno) go head to head with a RS200 (201bhp on dyno) all the ways to 140MPH and there was nothing in it..

If you really like the car you have then supercharging is something to keep in mind...

Firstly an RS200 has 207bhp from factory (210ps) not 220 bhp and then only when ran on 100ron fuel...

factory quoted 0-60 is 7.2 seconds for the manual transmission

Supercharger is said to knock 2 seconds off the IS200's 0-60 so nothing in it ...

Seen a supercharged IS200 (217bhp on dyno) go head to head with a RS200 (201bhp on dyno) all the ways to 140MPH and there was nothing in it..

If you really like the car you have then supercharging is something to keep in mind...

cheers noel. i like my is200 engine note and the tourqe through gears. it will go from about 30 in 6 if i being lazy. does a supercharger make more of a difference to the tourqe than the overall power?

a guy off the tezza site said i can see his altezza so should help me decide.

is the 4 cylinder any better on fuel on a normal drive.

if its the altezza RS200 then why not, you sacrafice a small amout on comfort but you get that back from the engine. just my view as i was gonna get one a while bavk till i got the insurance quotes through. or even better why not get an IS300 best of both worlds. :)