Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Intel Processor ....

Y2Kanjar

I was a beta tester for vista during RC1 and RC2 stages and found 0 problems with it apart from the known file transfer issue which was addressed and resolved in SP1 for vista, on a new build there is 0 reason to not get vista unless you are running below 4gb of ram, 64bit vista is safer/more responsive os and 20x better than xp upon it's release, One thing I will say is don't buy a OEM version of vista.

Everyone poo poo'd xp when it was released as people don't like change.

Regarding overclocking, there is 0 danger so long as you do it correctly even during the most intense of cpu applications i highly doubt your going to be running your core/cores at 100% utilisation, and so long as your running within safe temps (which after overclocking you should always run a stress testing programme such as prime95 to check for stability) then your fine.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry yeldarb i wasn't very clear,

If bought seperately vista can be bought as a either a OEM or retail version. The oem is only licensed to one pc and when recognises the motherboard so if your motherboard failed and you had to replace it you would no longer have a working version of vista as it would recognise it as a unlicensed version. Retail (is more expensive) but allows you to upgrade/change components without invalidating your license.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links