Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Owner Findings / Advice Re.

Hi All,

3 weeks into RX400h ownership and so far so good.....

Came from a Merc CLK via BMW 328i coupe, boys toys have had to go with first baby :D

A few grumbles so far, more minor irritations really.....the speed at which the rear door closes and the wait to then have to lock it as a separate step and likewise not being able to open the rear door without unlocking the rest first.....

No auto door lock once the car is moving....though I believe the dealer can set this (having tried the tricks on this forum first but none seem to work)

iPod interface crap, the Merc one was far superior (wish I'd been on here first to get the Vaistech one but then again, the one I have was free in the deal :whistling: and I knew it was ******* after having one in the demo car.

Had to buy a new mobile after my Motorola KRZR wouldn't pair.....

Rant over :winky:

One point you guys might be able to help me with - when I had the demo car I can't recall this happening but in mine, when I pull away at low revs and low speed there is a distinct rumble which quickly goes but is annoying nonetheless also happens when slowing to a halt.....the brochure would have you believe that the motor / engine transition is seamless, esp with CVT gearing....anyone any experience of this???

Any help appreciated :D

Welcome to the RX400h.

There are some unusual noises associated with the hybrid system due to the electric motors. These are most noticeable when pulling away or coming to a stop and sound like a turbine-like whine a bit like an old electric milk-float.

I definitely wouldn't describe them as a rumble however...that sounds like something more mechanical. Have you asked you dealer ?

I initially found the electric rear door a bit slow as well but I've gotten used to it and now find it indispensable. You open the door with the key as you approach the car and shut it with the button on the door after loading/unloading. True, you can't lock the car until the tailgate is closed which is not ideal.

Enjoy !

Welcome to the RX400h.

There are some unusual noises associated with the hybrid system due to the electric motors. These are most noticeable when pulling away or coming to a stop and sound like a turbine-like whine a bit like an old electric milk-float.

I definitely wouldn't describe them as a rumble however...that sounds like something more mechanical. Have you asked you dealer ?

I actually quite like the milk float like whine!!!!! reminds me I'm driving something a little bit different!!!

The rumble pulling away is something I can feel as well as hear.....sounds like a call to the dealer in order, shame it's bloody miles away.....Thanks for your info, much appreciated.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links