Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Having read a couple of articals on the web their is chat about IS F Accessories, but when i asked my local Lexus dealer (Glasgow) they knew nothing about it, is their any where i could get one or an online shop?

Thanks guys.

p.s I am up in Stirling this week hence the lack of posting pictures of the new exhaust, which is now run in and i am not to sure about it.

I think the 'F' accessory range is a US thing. Not sure how much market there would be for it in the UK- buyers not really into main dealer tuning accessories.

What exhaust did you fit?

I'd love one which gave more of a BMW-style rumble, but I hate the mid range cruising boom that one tends to get with aftermarket pipes. I wonder how much a custom job from Milltek etc would cost.

Defo a disappointing thing about my IS250- the engine note under acceleration at anything less than full throttle. Oddly, an IS250 SR I drove sounded much better.

I think the 'F' accessory range is a US thing. Not sure how much market there would be for it in the UK- buyers not really into main dealer tuning accessories.

I'd love one which gave more of a BMW-style rumble, but I hate the mid range cruising boom that one tends to get with aftermarket pipes. I wonder how much a custom job from Milltek etc would cost.

It's a complete range from Lexus called the "F" Sport, and has no connection to anything IS-F. Sewell in Dallas will happily despatch world wide Sewell Lexus .

Everything "F Sport" is Lexus catching up with the aftermarket albeit they're more expensive of course. Possibly the only item not available, except from Lexus is the lower air box in the "F Sport" intake kit.

I'm pleased with my Tanabe exhaust, no mid range cruising boom with that one.

£2000 just for the front f-sport brakes from sewell!! OMG! cant afford that. :( dont they do anything like that at dealerships here? or do they just do that bodykit which was called something i cant remember..that included the front/side/rear skirts?

£2000 just for the front f-sport brakes from sewell!! OMG! cant afford that. :( dont they do anything like that at dealerships here? or do they just do that bodykit which was called something i cant remember..that included the front/side/rear skirts?

You don't need to fit the F-Sport brakes on a 250. The 4 pot calipers, discs and low dust pads as fitted on the IS350 are a vast improvement. You can buy them in the UK too as they're identical to those on the MK3 GS300. Don't expect to be able to retro fit 16" or 17" OEM rims as the calipers are too thick for those rims to fit. Not sure about the 18" OEM rims, although if they are the same part number as those fitted to the IS350 they should of course be OK.

You don't need to fit the F-Sport brakes on a 250. The 4 pot calipers, discs and low dust pads as fitted on the IS350 are a vast improvement. You can buy them in the UK too as they're identical to those on the MK3 GS300. Don't expect to be able to retro fit 16" or 17" OEM rims as the calipers are too thick for those rims to fit. Not sure about the 18" OEM rims, although if they are the same part number as those fitted to the IS350 they should of course be OK.

I thought the 18s were an option and as standard it comes on 17" wheels - strange if the fitment is different in the US

£2000 for the brake upgrade kit isn't that unreasonable, I would've thought I'd be looking at that sort of bill if I just had to buy a full set of standard brakes for my IS200 :unsure:

I thought the 18s were an option and as standard it comes on 17" wheels - strange if the fitment is different in the US

Are you referring to the Mk3 GS300 or the IS350? The IS350 comes with 18" as standard. Take my word for it, the 17" OEM rims on the 250 will not fit with the IS350/GS300 calipers. My 19" fit just fine, but I'd need 8 mm spacers if I wanted to put my original 17" back on (not!).

£2000 for the brake upgrade kit isn't that unreasonable, I would've thought I'd be looking at that sort of bill if I just had to buy a full set of standard brakes for my IS200

That's just for the fronts, the rear F-Sport upgrade is another $3000.00. The IS350 calipers and discs are a straight swop for those on the front of the 250, well apart from a bend you have to make in the dust guards. I paid £625 for mine + pads (cannot remember how much I paid for those :blush: ).

Are you referring to the Mk3 GS300 or the IS350? The IS350 comes with 18" as standard. Take my word for it, the 17" OEM rims on the 250 will not fit with the IS350/GS300 calipers. My 19" fit just fine, but I'd need 8 mm spacers if I wanted to put my original 17" back on (not!).

Yeah I meant the IS350, I'm sure you're right but when you look on the US Lexus site, the standard fit on the IS350 is a 17" 10 spoke alloy (which I thought was the same as the ones in the UK)

Lexus USA

I think I've confused myself now :unsure:

Yeah I meant the IS350, I'm sure you're right but when you look on the US Lexus site, the standard fit on the IS350 is a 17" 10 spoke alloy (which I thought was the same as the ones in the UK)

Lexus USA

I think I've confused myself now :unsure:

The site definitely says that, but it wouldn't make sense for Lexus to manufacture different size 17" rims for the range. The front hub on the IS350 is different than the IS250 so the caliper mounting may also be set slightly farther back to compensate. IS250 owners just need to be aware of the potential problem when upgrading to the IS350 calipers and discs. T K Chan, a LOC member from Hong Kong, has carried out the same mod on his 250 and has 18" OEM optional rims so we know they are OK.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links