Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is 250 Manual Or Automatic

I will be buying a Lexus IS 250 SE-L early next year.

I have test driven the Auto just recently and am going to test drive the manual.

But I really want an Auto, however I want to add performance to the car i.e air filter, remap, exhaust the usual.

Are there any restrictions on tuning up an Auto?

Cheers.

I have test driven the Auto just recently and am going to test drive the manual.

But I really want an Auto, however I want to add performance to the car i.e air filter, remap, exhaust the usual.

Cheers.

Pick the auto, it's better all round. Mines an auto with intake & exhaust mods. Same auto box as the IS350 so no problem even if you do succeed to raise the power with an S/C. Good luck on a remap, as far as I know the 250 ECU is hack proof.

Cheers.

Pick the auto, it's better all round. Mines an auto with intake & exhaust mods. Same auto box as the IS350 so no problem even if you do succeed to raise the power with an S/C. Good luck on a remap, as far as I know the 250 ECU is hack proof.

Cheers mate yes I have been told this, no chipping or remapping is possible!

What upgrades can be made to increase the BHP, does anyone know?

Cheers mate yes I have been told this, no chipping or remapping is possible!

What upgrades can be made to increase the BHP, does anyone know?

Intake and exhaust mods only at the moment, and they're only minor. How much money have you got to spend on more power? If you want more bhp for not much money you're looking at the wrong car. Could always get a 350 engine from Japan or the States of course :whistling: , but probably easier to get a ProLex IS350 import, with or without a S/C. Then again if you have a load more dosh, get the IS-F.