Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Correct Info For Insurance Quote

japthree

When I get a quote or renew my insurance what give as the precise security features fitted to the IS200? Anything else which could reduce my premium which is IS200 specific?

Also if one is involved in an accident but pays the person you hit (direct in cash) without going via a claim/insurance company is it still required to inform the insurance company you have had an accident? They aren't going to know anyway?

When I get a quote or renew my insurance what give as the precise security features fitted to the IS200? Anything else which could reduce my premium which is IS200 specific?

Just tell them factory fit.

Also if one is involved in an accident but pays the person you hit (direct in cash) without going via a claim/insurance company is it still required to inform the insurance company you have had an accident? They aren't going to know anyway?

You know the answer from the way the question is put. What if the other party inform their insurance?

I think you should report any accident to your insurer even if you make no claim. If you don't & later on you have another accident and make a claim it's quite possible that the insurer could refuse to pay out on the basis that you withheld relevant information from them if they happen to find out or know about the first.

They are always very quick to get out of paying out if they can.

Read your insurance policy very carefully to see if there's any reference to what you should report. There probably is

Always notify your insurers. If the "claim" is then settled privately you contact your insurer and they record as a "no cost notification only." If one party backs out of paying then your insurers are already on the case so to speak.