Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Supercharging

i am debating weather to keep my is200 and charge it or get an altezza.

i seen nice looking kit on tdi but what and who offers what.

what do you get in the price off tdi for tte kit eg. is that fitted, what comes with it , manifold ect?

and what is the difference in the kit prolex do and whats in his price. think it was a rotrex or somet on prolex.

which kit offers what bhp figures.

i dont want to start a war just whats in which kit and price roughly fitted and ready to go. would be interested in what people say that have used both companies. if you prefer pm me to avoid any arguements.

thanks

and anyone thats had a turbo kit if they could also give rough price and figures ready to go

Have you read any of the threads lately? i'd avoid TDi like the plaque until they sort their act out.

The Turbo kit MicroMarc is selling is a good kit if you buy a decent turbo for it.

The TTE kit is best picked up second hand rather than paying over the odds for a brand new kit.

But either was you need to keep the boost below 0.5 or uprated the internals, without the internals your prob looking at a max of 240bhp.

Personally, if your not fussed about losing the refinements i'd change to the RS200. and there seems to be a few of them over in Ireland so parts will be easier to come by,

Stav

Have you read any of the threads lately? i'd avoid TDi like the plaque until they sort their act out.

The Turbo kit MicroMarc is selling is a good kit if you buy a decent turbo for it.

The TTE kit is best picked up second hand rather than paying over the odds for a brand new kit.

But either was you need to keep the boost below 0.5 or uprated the internals, without the internals your prob looking at a max of 240bhp.

Personally, if your not fussed about losing the refinements i'd change to the RS200. and there seems to be a few of them over in Ireland so parts will be easier to come by,

Stav

i dont care about the refinments really i goin to dump my interior anyway. people have been saying the rs200 is no tourqe and hard to get going but if its like a vtec honda power delivery i would prob like it. would also want to put some of my bits from the is200 on if they fitted like the tein coilovers. sh*t thin is i just mot and changed my timing belt on my car lol

you will get 200 BHP as standard with the 4 cylinder beams engine and there are way more off the shelf tuning products available. You should chat to Mr Singh on here, he has an altezza which I think is running about 300BHP.

you will get 200 BHP as standard with the 4 cylinder beams engine and there are way more off the shelf tuning products available. You should chat to Mr Singh on here, he has an altezza which I think is running about 300BHP.

i tried to pm mr singh off the tezza forum but got no reply before.

Gord bought it from Mr Singh, try PM to him.

Gord sold it to someone in Ireland not long after though IIRC :) Not seen anything about the car since, but it was a fantastic Altezza B)

you can get a turbo charged rs 200from Japan

yea seen one a toms t280. would be wicked quick. but from insurance quotes i think it would just be an rs200 lol. my local toyota dealer seems happy enough they can get parts for them ok so thats a plus. much dearer to insure than is200.

yea seen one a toms t280. would be wicked quick. but from insurance quotes i think it would just be an rs200 lol. my local toyota dealer seems happy enough they can get parts for them ok so thats a plus. much dearer to insure than is200.

the TOM's one on autotrader is not what I'm talking about.

That one is very collectible...........think only 100 ever made

the TOM's one on autotrader is not what I'm talking about.

That one is very collectible...........think only 100 ever made

oh right i see. you mean just a turbo kit. just seen the interior in the eBay one. my god. all that work let down by the citreon jazz interior lol.

i have been looking around at them on net. yellow seems nice but is it as nice in person when you standing beside it.

Gord sold it to someone in Ireland not long after though IIRC :) Not seen anything about the car since, but it was a fantastic Altezza B)

Ive been told the supercharged Altezza is/was for sale again on pistonheads, not had look myself, wanting 17k or something like that for it :o

Never had a drive of turbo Altezza, but i never liked the way the supercharger worked on the Altezza :duh: sort of on or off nothing like the TTE set-up.

Ive been told the supercharged Altezza is/was for sale again on pistonheads, not had look myself, wanting 17k or something like that for it :o

Never had a drive of turbo Altezza, but i never liked the way the supercharger worked on the Altezza :duh: sort of on or off nothing like the TTE set-up.

i love turbo cars but dont want to buy an s14 or 15 nissan cause of the growing numbers. at cruises there are bucket loads of s14s and more s15s starting to show up. so seeing i like the lexus i prob just goin to change to an altezza. hopefully yellow if i can get one.

• 1 month later...

OT but when I was in Dublin last summer I saw loads of JDM cars - the best of the bunch was a stunning Toyota Chaser in white - looked and sounded awesome!

Oh and welcome to LOC Andrew :)