Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Preowned Cars?

As you must be aware Steve, SEO guys by pass black text on white backgrounds everytime...lol

To be honest if I see a site with a black background ( which I can't read most of ) I normally go elsewhere. Why does SEO ignore black on white?

I'd be interested in seeing links to some of your other sites / forums.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All, i dont want go on too much but after reading some of the stuff you put on here makes me think some people dont have a life!!!

if i paid £5000 for a car i dont expect to have a lexus warranty that cost up to a £1000. come on guys get a life.

and to you bunter how the hell do you have time to sit and write and ring lexus going on and on.

i bought my lexus from a garage down south and they told me i dont have a lexus warranty so i paid for one.

and i had to pay for tax and a new set of carpetmats also i had to put fuel in but who cares, i looked around and it

was £2000 cheaper than the lexus centre near me, so the story goes you get what you paid for mate.

and if the guy at the garage said you get a 3 mth warranty why the hell did you buy the car.

The guy at the garage said to me the cars £16995 i got it for £16600 with 3 mths warranty

and the cars brill role on next year when i can afford to change it

come on guys get a life you pay for what you get

Big Boff

Well its finally come to the crunch and guess what - A website you have built has now been circulated (admittedly not by yourself directly but you advised that it was available knowing that people would look for it) and although I havent visited it myself (and wont be doing so), it appears to have advertisements on it which I assume you are making money from (either pay per view or pay per click)

If it were really just for the cause - You would not be placing advertisements on the site and attempting to make money out of forum members.

Also - I agree with Dave and you should not quote from other sites/people without first obtaining their permission IMHO if that is indeed what you have done - Its common courtesy irrespective of copyright laws and being such a major professional website designer I am surprised that you have the opinion you do.

I am glad you got your car problem resolved and wish you all the best in any future purchases but please do not drag other people into your battles without obtaining their permission, nor attempt to make money out of forum members......Ethics and decency.

That website reminds me of using Netscape on Windows 3.11!!

Oh for the good old days!

Does appear quite high up in the Google results though, top 20 isn't bad :)

It's nice and well intentioned writing it so that it can be read by people who are blind or partially sighted but in all fairness it's not like they're going to be looking for a pre approved Lexus is it?!

And not sure what the thing is with pushing how well written it is as seeing logos like that does take you back 10 years. Nowadays any professional organisation has responsibilities to adhere to certain standards - doesn't mean they always do admittedly but you don't see those logos plastered over many other sites!

That website reminds me of using Netscape on Windows 3.11!!

Nowadays any professional organisation has responsibilities to adhere to certain standards - doesn't mean they always do admittedly but you don't see those logos plastered over many other sites!

Aido is correct, W3C is more important than the message it sends out. (thank you Aido for pointing that out m8)

Look guys I know full well the said car was as cheap as chips but it had loads of faults to and the bottom line is if you buy any lexus used car from an approved lexus dealer and it appeared for sale on the lexus approved website that says it should have the following warranties then if one can't even trust an lexus main dealer to deliver the said promises of the manufacture main website then Lexus GB might have more problems than an recession or two.

The site is getting a lot more hits then I thought as well but lets face it, it is the main keyword set for all Lexus dealers in the UK and other Countries as well and lets face it guys the only cars they will be selling soon are used approved preowned because its the only ones that are going to be able to shift soon.

You also have to ask yourselves who would be unhappy with an site that warns others that things are not as black and white as they first seem, if dealers are playing the game they have nothing to fear from such an site have they?

If Lexus GB is worried about it they know they will have to do something about it won't they?

Members on this Lexus owners forum have already stated that this thread is not unusual if thats correct then this site does have its place just like this forum has an duty to discuss it fully in order for Lexus to get its house in order and if no one mentions it how will it ever get sorted.

Best regards,

B.

Hope you get it sorted anyway fella, I had a few issues when I had my approved used car years ago - the buggers charged me for replacing the undertray which they should have known about but I did get a different set of alloys out of them and some booze!

Gentlemen, gentlemen. gentlemen......

Don't know about you but I read the back of a DVD case in blockbuster before paying £3.99 to rent it. With this in mind, I am damn sure I would check ALL the terms and conditions before paying £5k for a car!!!

I mean come on Bunter! Take some of the credit for what seems like a monumental c.o.c.k up!!!

Have the dealer actually said to you......"Mr Bunter, you will never receive any history, and as for the key, kiss my a.s.s!".......I doubt it!

I work in retail too and customers are always quick to twist on and make :tsktsk: up to put shops/staff down and never quick enough to commend or thank them when they do a good job.

I for one would like to extend my congratulations to the dealer and staff for managing to deal with a miserable sod like you with this car, if I was the salesman, I would have given you the money back out of my pocket and driven the bloody thing off a cliff!!!

Lesson in life....

Always read the small print and check the terms and conditions before buying!

I bought a Lexus IS250 from a Lexus dealer and received nothing but fantastic, second to none service which made parting with my money less scary!!!

It has so far been the best car I have ever owned (inc. BMW, Merc and Audi) and would have no hesitations in recommending the brand to anyone!!!

Big Max!!

Edited by ColinBarber

Hmmm, just thought exactly the same thing. Quite a bold first post. Welcome Max :lol:

I cant help it if my first time ever time with an Lexus turns pear shaped or that I own hundreds of websites or I own and run some of the biggest forums and blogs on the internet is it, I mean what do you guys expect that every person that may come into any forum/blog is green and every first poster is clueless about forums or what they may be talking about, that's rather shameful and an obvious dealer (forum sleepers) trick to close the thread just because dealers may not like everyone else knowing of their sharp trading practices.

I posted here in good faith guys.

Its about making sure green horns like me, thinking the Lexus brand name stood for something other than what was delivered and as for terms and conditions the dealer advertised his cars on the OFFICIAL lexus web site and as such there are terms and conditions on there already and if the dealer met those conditions this thread would not be here would it?

And to prove to everyone the said thread was in good faith here is the same car from the same dealer selling the same car at the same purchase price- here!

This car would be great buy if all the faults that was on it when I had it has now been fixed!

Best regards,

B.

I have no idea as to why you have quoted me, I was referring to Max (as stated).

Also I am wondering why you are posting on this thread with 2 accounts, or why you have 2 accounts

in the first place ? Please send me a PM to explain.

I rarely read forums and much of this was over my head - seems like complete Tosh to me, I can't beleive I stuck it to the end! I'm not sure what your role is here DJ but I am frightened you are being a little dubious over your own cycnicism - trust your instincts whole incident sounds like Tosh so probably is. I was sad enough to check out the link to the other site but lost the will to live long before I found out what it was meant to be about. I really hope my visit there didn't generate income for anyone!

I have no idea as to why you have quoted me, I was referring to Max (as stated).

Also I am wondering why you are posting on this thread with 2 accounts, or why you have 2 accounts

in the first place ? Please send me a PM to explain.

I rarely read forums and much of this was over my head - seems like complete Tosh to me, I can't beleive I stuck it to the end! I'm not sure what your role is here DJ but I am frightened you are being a little dubious over your own cycnicism - trust your instincts whole incident sounds like Tosh so probably is. I was sad enough to check out the link to the other site but lost the will to live long before I found out what it was meant to be about. I really hope my visit there didn't generate income for anyone!

Hi GBR134 it is really strange you think this is tosh as you put it but you yourself has found that Lexus UK has a way with words as you pit it not me in this thread you stated in one of your former posts on this forum

As already pointed out in this thread the Lexus literature says you may have a problem after longer than 30 days - surely this is misrepresentation when they acknowledge, albeit reluctantly, that they are aware the issue can surface after a much shorter period. I await contact from the after sales guy with interest and will pass on anything I learn that may be of interest.

So you found that Lexus was doing an spot of misrepresentation there but somehow you think this thread is tosh? Please?

The worst thing about forums is they dont lie or forget very often...lol

Kind regards,

B.

PS Missunderstanding with DJ Wozza now cleared up!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links