Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Preowned Cars?

LEXUS PREOWNED CARS? What happens if the dealer refuses to honour the Lexus preowned package in Full?

Hello guys, I have been reading this forum for years and when it comes to Lexus you guys are king!

I am an international webmaster in my own right with hundreds of top ranked websites but need your advices on a somewhat an dodgy issue like Lexus preowned cars after reading Lexus main preowned website its clear to me they (Lexus wants to set the standard in the UK) but the dream for me has just died.

I picked up an rx300 preowned advertised on the Lexus site and agreed terms over the phone with the as yet unnamed UK lexus main dealer then drove an 600 mile round trip I am an single disabled dad of 3 ( all the kids had to come with me) the car was in fantastic condition and everything went very professionally until I got home to find not only did they not include the service book or the milage warranty but an the 3 month AA warranty with an £500 claim limit that's shocking!

It gets worse there was no right to the " no quibble exchange"

As I have stated no service book!

No full Lexus Warranty!

Only 1 key not 2!!!

no RAC Check done!

No RAC roadside insurrance!

No milage check done?

A complete lemon!

They told me the service book and warranty was in the car and after reading the Lexus promisse there was no reason to think otherwise.lol

The bad thing for Lexus is the fact I screen captured all the said car details off their website prior to purchase and if they dont help me today they will wish they never came to this country at all for example their terms and conditions state nothing about their dealers telling lies therefore they are responsible for making sure dealers who place adverts adhere to the Lexus High Standards, I also admin on massive European Consumer Forums.

My question to you Lexus experts is will lexus DO something about it or just wait for the office of fair trading and the ASA, DMA and a host of other very nice questioning offices all asking Lexus searching questions they are going find hard to answer.

I was hoping to come on here last night and tell you guys I made the right choice but maybe I would have been better sticking to BMW instead?

The question is all about whether Lexus is really different from the rest or just claim to be?

If any car is offered for sale as an preowned Lexus on the Lexus OFFICIAL website and the end result is something less than Lexus wanted then its up to lexus to rectify the problem because if they dont they will find themselves in court for not protecting their high brand name or their share holders and further its important to remember its not the dealer who has sold you the car its Lexus who puts their good name behind each preowned car advert that sells the cars and if they forget that then they might as well give up.

Watch the space guys it could get really funny?

Kind regards,

Bunter.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to hear this Bunter, it does seem the Dealer has let you down, and is letting the brand down as well.

It could well be worth contacting trading standards at the local council to the dealer (if the dealer doesn't sort it).

It does sound like something is wrong. However I am unsure if they still do the RAC Check anymore, I know

they used to do it, and also give a years free (read included) RAC cover. I am unsure what is include with an Approved Used Lexus anymore. Was the car listed as Approved Used ?Also the lack of another key is also

worrying. If the key is a 3 button type all is not lost, as you can by a replacement key, and get it recoded.

If it is the two button type, you are in trouble as there is no way to get another key encoded to your car.

I just looked on their website and it does state (in vehicle preparation & valeting)

All vehicles must have a minimum of two keys and remotes

Approved Pre-Owned details....

Keep us informed of your progress.

Sorry to hear this Bunter, it does seem the Dealer has let you down, and is letting the brand down as well.

It could well be worth contacting trading standards at the local council to the dealer (if the dealer doesn't sort it).

It does sound like something is wrong. However I am unsure if they still do the RAC Check anymore, I know

they used to do it, and also give a years free (read included) RAC cover. I am unsure what is include with an Approved Used Lexus anymore. Was the car listed as Approved Used ?Also the lack of another key is also

worrying. If the key is a 3 button type all is not lost, as you can by a replacement key, and get it recoded.

If it is the two button type, you are in trouble as there is no way to get another key encoded to your car.

I just looked on their website and it does state (in vehicle preparation & valeting)

Approved Pre-Owned details....

Keep us informed of your progress.

Hello DJ Wozza, after a good nights sleep I think the Lexus is the car for me it was a great drive back home and beat any previous BMW or Mercedes I have so far had but if this one is an lemon and if it turns out to be that Lexus refuses to help my family and I then its war.

Every Approved Pre-Owned Lexus comes with Comprehensive Lexus Warranty, Independent Vehicle History, Mileage Check and Lexus Approved Service History. And although you may never need it, because our cars lead reliability statistics, Lexus GB also provides 24-hour RAC Roadside Assistance

If they advertise on the Lesus site it is an preowned lexus example then surely the dealer knows it mush have already met the strict conditions Lexus its self asks its dealers to perform they also advertised it on autotrader I will upload the screen captures of the sale advert on to my graphics website so you call all see it if the SOS phone call to lexus today FAILS to alert them to this shocking facts!

It is the 2 button type and they asked if I wanted to order a new fob at £200 each lol.

And I can upgrade the warranty to one year at £250 lol.

I will also get the car checked out tomorow by Aberdeen's best garage Do* Sim* so god help them if they missed something lol.

Once I get this sorted out I will be a regular poster here guys as that lexus even if it is an lemon was one of the best driving fun I have ever had and that includes owning an 02 M5 I kid you not!

I am off to speak to Lexus right now this should be fun I want to ask them if an dealer places an advert with them are they allowed to offer it as an lemon to the very scarce buying public an second rate service?

Lexus says ALL PREOWNED CARS that is advertised on their website has this warranty so how can they help my family now?

Best regards,

Bunter.

just remember a 'Lexus approved service history' doesnt mean a full service history....i kid you not..read it in the small print..that may be why you dont have a service book...

I dont think your experience is that uncommon.... B)

just remember a 'Lexus approved service history' doesnt mean a full service history....i kid you not..read it in the small print..that may be why you dont have a service book...

I dont think your experience is that uncommon.... B)

Thanks guys for all your comments.

That's great news that means the ASA and the DMA will be forced to take action against Lexus of which was very good at saying all dealers who advertise on their site Must offer these services that they promise regardless of age or cost?

As regards to service history Lexus says this;

Approved Pre-Owned from Lexus ensures you receive the same level of service and attention to detail as all Lexus customers. For instance, every Approved Pre-Owned Lexus comes with Comprehensive Lexus Warranty, Independent Vehicle History, Mileage Check and Lexus Approved Service History. And although you may never need it, because our cars lead reliability statistics, Lexus GB also provides 24-hour RAC Roadside Assistance.

Lexus owners have consistently rated Lexus as the best cars to own. This has resulted in many industry awards from Top Gear and Auto Express magazines for example; plus an unprecedented fifth successive J.D. Power Customer Satisfaction Award. Lexus is dedicated to ensuring that every Lexus owner continues to be totally satisfied. So if your Approved Pre-Owned Lexus does not fully meet your expectations we offer a 30-day, 1,000 mile, No Quibble exchange policy*

* Click here to see No Quibble exchange policy terms and conditions

We believe that owning and driving Approved Pre-Owned only from Lexus cars should be as worry free as possible. The information shown below describes the key features of the Approved Pre-Owned Lexus programme.

Contact Us

Back to Approved Pre-Owned

Comprehensive Lexus Warranty

The Lexus Warranty is designed to give the reassurance that you would expect when buying an Approved Pre-Owned Lexus.

It is important to note that each Lexus Centre has to adhere to key guidelines to ensure you receive the best possible information when purchasing an Approved Pre-Owned only from Lexus.

All Approved Pre-Owned Lexus vehicles are supplied complete with one year's manufacturer's equivalent warranty with unlimited mileage cover. All vehicles with less than a full year of manufacturer's warranty remaining will require a Mandatory Warranty to be applied for. Vehicles under 60,000 miles and with a full year of manufacturer's warranty remaining do not require a Mandatory Warranty to be applied. Your local Lexus Centre will arrange all this for you

Any Lexus vehicles regardless of age or mileage qualify

All Approved Pre-Owned Lexus Car Warranties have the same level of cover as the Lexus new vehicle warranty, with the exception of batteries, interior trim and corroded exhausts. The exact level of cover is detailed on the reverse of the warranty application form and also within your handover pack you receive when purchasing your vehicle

All Approved Pre-Owned Lexus Car warranties include wear and tear cover for batteries, exhausts and wiper blades for three months or 3,000 miles

Vehicle Preparation

Before you take delivery of your Lexus, it has been subjected to a long and comprehensive vehicle preparation.

The vehicle preparation process encompasses five distinct stages:

Independent vehicle history check

Independent vehicle mileage check

Service history check

Vehicle preparation and valeting (MOT if applicable)

Independent Vehicle History Check

The Vehicle History Check utilises data from many sources including the DVLA, Police National computer, finance companies, ABI, BVRLA, VMC, RMIF and SMMT to name but a few. With access to over 63 million records the following checks are made:

Cross referencing between Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) and registration number

Vehicle description check

Finance data check/high risk data check

Registration date and year of manufacture

Stolen vehicle check

Write off/condition check/scrapped indicator

Number of previous owners and owner change dates

Plate change warning, including full plate history or any previous colour changes

Import/export data

Independent Vehicle Mileage Check

As with the Vehicle History Check, the Independent Mileage Check is vital as it gives both you and each Lexus Centre the confidence that the vehicle mileage has been independently verified.

Most Lexus Centres carry out a full mileage verification check as a matter of course with a recommended supplier. All checks include the provision of a branded pass certificate that you will find inserted in the relevant place at the back of your handover pack.

Lexus Approved Service HistoryAll Approved Pre-Owned Lexus vehicles must have a service history that is approved by the Lexus Centre retailing the car. All Lexus Centre services will be completed by a Lexus qualified technician and have all the applicable stamps and signatures. Services for qualifying vehicles must be within 1,000 miles either side of the scheduled service mileage limit or within 2 months either side of the specified time period. Vehicles with an incomplete or non Lexus Centre service history can only qualify as an Approved Pre-Owned Lexus once the retailing Lexus Centre completes the most recent major service. The Centre must then update the service record book to then provide to you.

Vehicle Preparation and Valeting

Once the history and mileage checks have been passed, the car is fully prepared to Lexus standards. We carefully inspect the car's overall condition - outside, inside and underneath.

OUTSIDE

Vehicles should meet the current MOT requirements. Brake efficiency tests are replaced by evaluating braking performance on road test, headlamp alignment is replaced by visual inspection

Audio System must be in full working order and good condition

Tyres must be of the correct size and rating, locking wheel nuts are acceptable providing they are in a serviceable condition and the correct locking key(s) supplied

Window glass must be in good condition and security etching must be correct

INSIDE

Any marks, tears or burns must be repaired

All controls and switches must operate to original specification

All warning lights and gauges must be fully functioning and accurate

Steering wheel and column condition/adjustment must be correct

MECHANICAL

All engine components must be in full working order

Steering, brakes and suspension must be in a condition representing good maintenance by previous owners

NON QUALIFYING VEHICLES

A vehicle will not qualify as a Approved Pre-Owned Lexus if any of the following occur:

If the vehicle has been involved in a major accident

If the vehicle's structural integrity is impaired

If the body shell has been replaced

If the vehicle is a grey import

So the part where it says any age is really a lip service then?

If so the Lexus webmasters are going to be rather busy soon guys, lol.

Kind regards,

BUNTER.

I'm sorry, but this post seems too fantastical for me...and I for one find it very hard to believe that a fully franchised Lexus Main Dealer can behave in this way.

There are elements of this 'story' that do not add up for me; for example, I have never come across an instance where a franchise dealer offers anyting other than a fully backed Lexus Warranty on a vehicles they sell. Furthermore, when you take ownership of the vehicle, you get a bundle of paperwork chief amongst which is the Warranty Document - and it clearly states that it is an 'all component' 12 month manufacturer equivalent cover.

There are other elements of this story that are equally fantastical in tehir allegation and I have to say, these sorts of threads have cropped up on one or two other car forum websites I read on, and eventually it has been established that these threads are nothing short of fictional.

Sorry, but I don't buy it...

LEXUS PREOWNED CARS? What happens if the dealer refuses to honour the Lexus preowned package in Full?

Hello guys, I have been reading this forum for years and when it comes to Lexus you guys are king!

I am an international webmaster in my own right with hundreds of top ranked websites but need your advices on a somewhat an dodgy issue like Lexus preowned cars after reading Lexus main preowned website its clear to me they (Lexus wants to set the standard in the UK) but the dream for me has just died.

I picked up an rx300 preowned advertised on the Lexus site and agreed terms over the phone with the as yet unnamed UK lexus main dealer then drove an 600 mile round trip I am an single disabled dad of 3 ( all the kids had to come with me) the car was in fantastic condition and everything went very professionally until I got home to find not only did they not include the service book or the milage warranty but an the 3 month AA warranty with an £500 claim limit that's shocking!

No full Lexus Warranty!

Only 1 key not 2!!!

no RAC Check done!

No milage check done?

A complete lemon!

They told me the service book and warranty was in the car and after reading the Lexus promisse there was no reason to think otherwise.lol

The bad thing for Lexus is the fact I screen captured all the said car details off their website prior to purchase and if they dont help me today they will wish they never came to this country at all for example their terms and conditions state nothing about their dealers telling lies therefore they are responsible for making sure dealers who place adverts adhere to the Lexus High Standards, I also admin on massive European Consumer Forums.

My question to you Lexus experts is will lexus DO something about it or just wait for the office of fair trading and the ASA, DMA and a host of other very nice questioning offices all asking Lexus searching questions they are going find hard to answer.

I was hoping to come on here last night and tell you guys I made the right choice but maybe I would have been better sticking to BMW instead?

The question is all about whether Lexus is really different from the rest or just claim to be?

If any car is offered for sale as an preowned Lexus on the Lexus OFFICIAL website and the end result is something less than Lexus wanted then its up to lexus to rectify the problem because if they dont they will find themselves in court for not protecting their high brand name or their share holders and further its important to remember its not the dealer who has sold you the car its Lexus who puts their good name behind each preowned car advert that sells the cars and if they forget that then they might as well give up.

Kind regards,

Bunter.

Lexus GB will probably do nothing apart from write you a letter saying that they have referred/will refer the matter to the dealer and that ye will contact you in due course to see if all of your issues have been resolved.

The dispute I had with "my" Lexus dealer was "concluded" some months ago & I'm still waiting for Lexus to write to me as they promised. So, don't hold your breath!

Sorry to hear your problems, how old was the car and how many miles? Does any of your paperwork say Lexus pre-owned?

If you do a search on here top rightish above you may find one or two similar cases on pre-owned. Use advanced useage help to see how to use the search field. I remember a similar case where car was exchanged.

Just a suggestion, maybe worth toning down your comments on here as Lexus read them and you don't want to get there backs up just yet.

I do remember a recent lemon RX at Licoln I think it was, but can't remember spec. of car. Might have been an "h".

I'm sorry, but this post seems too fantastical for me...and I for one find it very hard to believe that a fully franchised Lexus Main Dealer can behave in this way.

There are elements of this 'story' that do not add up for me; for example, I have never come across an instance where a franchise dealer offers anyting other than a fully backed Lexus Warranty on a vehicles they sell. Furthermore, when you take ownership of the vehicle, you get a bundle of paperwork chief amongst which is the Warranty Document - and it clearly states that it is an 'all component' 12 month manufacturer equivalent cover.

There are other elements of this story that are equally fantastical in tehir allegation and I have to say, these sorts of threads have cropped up on one or two other car forum websites I read on, and eventually it has been established that these threads are nothing short of fictional.

Sorry, but I don't buy it...

Mmmm, I think you will find that the Glasgow Lexus dealer, owned by Arnold Clark, does not offer a Lexus Warranty, but an Arnold Clark one. And you have to ask for it! I kid you not.

It was only after some hard bartering that I managed to get a full Lexus Warranty for a year.

re service history

cut and paste from above

Vehicles with an incomplete or non Lexus Centre service history can only qualify as an Approved Pre-Owned Lexus once the retailing Lexus Centre completes the most recent major service.

Read into that what you want: missing services ? just stamp it up with the latest and bobs your uncle.

Half the problem is that people walk into a Lexus dealership and let their guard down...and just presume that everything will be rosy and above board

As for the no quibble exchange.....thats a con that falls into their hands...how can they lose? If you part ex a car dont expect to get it back if its worth anything and watch as they amazingly cannot come up with an exchange that doesnt involve you parting with more cash than you did for your orginal purchase.

My advice is to examine every bit of paperwork on that vehicle before you do a deal.

good tip....sift through the paperwork before you buy and you will may well come across previous owners tel number....ring them before you buy if you can

Fictional or not, i dont think the odd thread like this does any harm in making people sit up and do their homework on their prospective purchase......

No full Lexus Warranty!

Only 1 key not 2!!!

no RAC Check done!

No milage check done?

A complete lemon!

Kind regards,

Bunter

--------------

So which Official Lexus Dealer sold you the car?

Mmmm, I think you will find that the Glasgow Lexus dealer, owned by Arnold Clark, does not offer a Lexus Warranty, but an Arnold Clark one. And you have to ask for it! I kid you not.

I stand corrected then. It is shocking that a franchise dealership can offer a non-franchise warranty...

IHPJ i sudgest you take a good look at two threads i have had to make recently.....

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...showtopic=54766

and best of all read this front start to finish...

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...showtopic=51698

I eventually got trading standards involved and got a full refund, just after HO found out the boys were on the way round and the papers had been informed. Japan not interested, HO not really interested, me not interested so went to Merc who were interested. A nightmare from start to finish, never again.

UPDATE:

Spoke to lexus this morning to be told all dealers selling lexus had to be covered by the full lexus warranty of one year the same as an brand new car.

The lexus guy then called the lexus dealer had a few words to themselves and then came back to me and then it was an three way conversation where the lexus guy wanted to know the reason I had been supplied what is termed as an sub standard car and why it was advertised on the lexus website as being PRE-OWNED what is very strange is the fact the dealer concerned as on the whole has had good reports on this site many times which is why I trusted them completely to deliver the said services.

Lexus wanted me to wait untill the dealer came back to me by 7 pm tonight with what they were going to offer me but it comes as no shock they never called me at all which means they dont even care about the Lexus Brand Name which is quickly going down the toilet!

MY CAR!

after only 2 days its getting worse first the foot operated parking brake has failed at my first attemp at using it which means the said brand new MOT that the dealer had done is not legal and against the law, the car is being looked at first thing Saturday mornng and if that was not bad enough now the remote fob has stopped locking the doors which means its not currently fully insured and here I was thinking an Lexus, was all that

The trouble Lexus has is the fact I have all the internetscreen captures at hand and if they fail to help me then god help them as my first port of call will be the Advertising Standards Agency if my rock solid complaint is upheld its bad news for lexus in many ways and is just not worth the risk of taken me on, on this subject matter,

The ASA has powers that can cripple any company large or small on the marketing front.

I said at the begining of this thread that I have over 1200 websites I was not joking about this, I feel so angry this is your chance to help me find an website name that best describes this subject matter?

If the dealer has not confirmed their steps to me by the close of business Monday, they leave me no choice to name and shame them.

This has left me with more questions than answers if Lexus continue to miss-lead the public and may even be breaking the sale of goods act 1974 then the office of fair trading will be informed by myself that Lexus is letting their dealers away with "unfair contract terms" because the dealers are advertising goods as full monty Lexus PRE-OWNED CARS to only get something completely different at the point of sale is an disgrace in this day and age.

I will no doublt reject the car as "unfit for the purpose."

I do love the Lexus Car and might get One from Europe as their warranties seem to be better than that of "rip off britain".

But if it goes wrong which Lexus dealer who is the repair King?

One passing shot at the dealers is the fact this/my car is still being advertised on Autotrader tonight despite being sold to me on Tuesday 25th November 2008.

The dealer is not allowed to advertise goods for sale that he does not own!!!

Even back street traders stop advertising on autotrader because they fear the power of the law in this matter!

Kind regards,

Bunter.

You don't seem to be up to date with English Law, you want:

The Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended)

Sale and Supply of Goods Act 1994

The Sale and Supply of Goods to Consumers Regulations 2002

Also just because it has an MOT does not mean it is safe to drive the next day or the next week, it's not "against the law" from the garage perspective only from you taking it onto a public road.

You seem to have come in blasted off and shot yourself in the foot because you don't know what you are talking about in some respects.

Also you can lock the car with the key if the fob doesn't work. Have alook in the manual ;)

Only my opinion.

Hope you get a resolution.

For a guy that owns "hundreds of websites" your profile is pretty bare! Your grammar and spelling is not very good. And you can moan more than my Ex missus. I don't believe an intelligent guy buying a car would not check the paperwork before doing the deal.

You sound so knowledgeable about consumer affairs yet you buy a lemon!

If all what you say is true then name and shame the seller and I wish you luck in resolving the matter. That's if you haven't sued them all by then!

Good luck

all sounds a bit odd to me. All you have done is moaned and made threats about a dealer without naming the offender. It is therefore of no use to anyone on the forum and it appears from your knowledge you don't need any help.

Either name the dealer concerned so we all know or stop moaning. If all your account is true then there should not be a problem in naming the dealer.

If you are genuine then I wish you all the best in resolving but IMHO something doesn't add up here

Also, what law are you referring to regarding still advertising a car that is sold?

Hello guys,

For the purpose of admin and mods of this fine forum it appears that certain members are having trouble on two accounts,

1/ Some think its impossible for any Lexus dealership to behave in such a manner.

2/ Some may want to take issue with the messenger and attack them just because they have bad grammer well am sorry I did say I was Disabled from the begining I suffer from dyslexia.

I do want to take part in discussions on this forum now and in the future and the only way to do this is by proving who I am to Admin/Mods who have my permission to check out both email adresses in any google search to see if I am telling the truth as regards to my website ownerships?

Just because someone suffers from dyslexia does not make someone stuppid or stops one from taking part in any forum or discussion group anywhere on the net.

I am an W3C website validator in XHTML, HTML, CSS and Fedral Standards 508 and an editor on Zimbio not many people can do this and when I do build any validated website I pass it to my copy editor who makes it all nice and with hardly any spelling mistakes.

As far as this thread goes the dealer did leave a message for me to contact them today (Sunday 30th November) to discuss the matter further which I will do so!

The only thing I may be guilty of is perhaps thinking Lexus GB was an Brand Name to trust and was indeed a cut above the rest in Europe, When I saw the said advert on the Lexus GB website offering the said car for sale under the banner of being an Approved Pre-owned car then how was I meant to know buying from an Lexus dealership could turn out this way as Lexus GB has already set out the conditions for the said sale.

Please bare with me here, if any car is placed on Lexus GB website as being an pre-owned car Lexus has no disclaimer stating dealers has any opt-out because their cars have to be of the same standard as Lexus GB wants, if any dealer breaks with this request then its up to Lexus to honour their pledge and charge the dealer accordingly this would soon stop this confussion and stop dealers from advertising goods under the official Lexus GB Banner?

Lexus GB must and if its anything to do with me stop this dodgy miss-selling practice from happening again.

I except the possibilty that my said dealer may not have been fully aware of their obligations before placing the said adverts on the Lexus GB pre-owned website listing but that in its self does not mean they are now alllowed to op-out of the Lexus GB PROMISE or undertakings it just means the dealership will have to be very careful in the future and Lexus should be sending out reminders to its dealers of what is required of dealerships in premoting any said cars on their pre-owned sale listings OR everytime one slips through, Lexus has to take responsabilty and honour their terms and conditions or simply remove this feature from their websites to avoid further confussion for everyone thinking of buying an Pre-owned Lexus.

Lexus GB does NOT state that any car on its website on the pre-owned listing can opt-out of the packages of such cars that are advertised, there-fore why would any one have to question the dealerships to confirm the contract when LEXUS GB has already fully explained the benefits of buying such an example regardless of age and mileage in other words if any dealership places an said ad in the pre-owned listing its down to LEXUS GB to honour their word or change their website disclaimers.

Its in both the dealerships and Lexus GB interests to clear this up quickly or else the ASA may have to do it for them?

I am sorry to the admin/mods for breaking any posting rules on your boards but I would like to use this account from now on to avoid future problems with any of my future postings it was done so you can check both email adresses and report back if you think I am not telling the truth about website ownership as it seems to be an issue?

Best regards,

Bunter.

PS, I will keep you guys updated.

@T7RY B, I am not offended by your comments in anyway you were not to know i suffered from dyslexia and I had to copy and paste "dyslexia" as my brain cant cope with that word and if the mods allow me to keep this username I will put it in my profile for others to see .

Yes, but as others have stated your account of the problem is of no use to anyone as you have not named the Dealer and therefore we cannot understand what assistance you need from this forum. Your account of dealings with a Lexus Dealer is not typical, so surely you should help others by naming the Dealer so that we can all stay clear and secondly, it will provide some added pressure on them to resolve the issue. Otherwise, you are left venting your anger to people who can neither understand nor help you to resolve the matter. Your credentials and history are irrelevant here and I am certain that no one on the forum would critise you or anyone else for having Dyslexia. Can you name the Dealer?

Yes, but as others have stated your account of the problem is of no use to anyone as you have not named the Dealer and therefore we cannot understand what assistance you need from this forum. Your account of dealings with a Lexus Dealer is not typical, so surely you should help others by naming the Dealer so that we can all stay clear and secondly, it will provide some added pressure on them to resolve the issue. Otherwise, you are left venting your anger to people who can neither understand nor help you to resolve the matter. Your credentials and history are irrelevant here and I am certain that no one on the forum would critise you or anyone else for having Dyslexia. Can you name the Dealer?

Hello Jaroph, I take your point, which is well stated and if I am on my other forums might be saying the same things as well.

I contacted Lexus GB on Friday who asked me not to name them on the forum until such times that had been exjusted that they had to get involved themselves.

I spoke to my salesman this morning from dealership concerned and we had an very friendly chat and he has offered to sort this out or I can have a full refund if I wish and am now more sure than ever this is all down to Lexus GB and I will be taking up this matter with them tomorrow morning for everyones benefit not just mine.

I like everyone else just assumes certain things when dealing with an Branded name like Lexus that owners will get what it says on the tin as LEXUS GB says every used car comes with the same warranty as an new car including waer and tear items, why would anyone question that from an official Lexus GB dealer at the point of sale and to be honest this is what Lexus GB thought as well on Friday so there is confussion out there and its not the fault of the dealer per sae its Lexus GB who must make things crystal clear from now on.

Naming the dealer at this point would be counter productive as it serves no purpose doing so and if there is no back tracking from the dealer I would be happy to report its an Result in this case.

I would not like anyone to go through this again so will persue the matter with Lexus GB tomorrow.

Best regards,

BUNTER.