Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Steering Knocking Noise

Yes I have, but mine is the IS200. It seems quite common on the older shape car, there's quite a few threads on here.

Things to check could be:

a) brake pads moving, common on IS200's apparently

B) worn upper suspension bushes

c) if it's only on full lock it might just be the stopper that prevents the wheel from turning too far. They can make noises on some cars, I'm not sure if this is true for the Lexus but I'm going to get this checked on mine

has anybody had a knocking noise under braking whilst turning a corner and at crawling speed.the best way to describe the sound is that of worn bushes or worn cv joint.

i have the same problem lexus is clamimg its to do with the brakes but i think its to do with more than that its in the work shop will get it back soon i will let you know what they say it is

thanks bevrock.

Just found this on the USA forum!!

TSIB ST001-07 (2007 LEXUS ES 350): STEERING INTERMEDIATE SHAFT NOISE

Some customers may hear a clunk, pop, or knock-type noise when turning the steering wheel left or right.

• 1 month later...
has anybody had a knocking noise under braking whilst turning a corner and at crawling speed.the best way to describe the sound is that of worn bushes or worn cv joint.

i have the same problem lexus is clamimg its to do with the brakes but i think its to do with more than that its in the work shop will get it back soon i will let you know what they say it is

hi ,

any news on this one as I have just had the IS 250 sel M.O.T and I forgot to mention I had the same noise ,flyed through the M.O.T so can understand what or where it is comming from .

cheers

swager

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links