Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just A Few Questions From The New Boy

Hello,

:)

Recently bought a 54 plate IS200 Limited Edition, a few questions if you don't mind:

1. Recomended oil change intervals?

2. Cam belt change interval?

3. Any ideas how to disable the reversing warning sound?

As the car has full leather am i to assume that the front passenger seat does not fold and neither do the rear seats? Finally does this also mean that it does not have the 3 point seat belt thingy for the rear lap seat ?

Many thanks in advance.

Mark

Hi welcome,

Oil change depends on how many miles you do really but recomended every 6 months.

Cambelt 60k.

As for the reverse buzzer not really recomended to disable it due to insurance issues.

Front seat should be adjustable, rear seats only fold in a Sportcross, and it should have a 3 point middle rear belt, to the best of my knowledge anyway.

Andy-r has answered your q's mate, but I thought (I'm certain) that oil changes (with oil filter) should happen every 10k/12 months whichever comes first?

Use a quality 5w-30 oil in your engine with a genine toyota oil filter. Reverse warning sound cannot be disabled as the warning system is built into your speedo.

Look in your service book, it should tell you in there as to what needs to be replaced and at what miles.

If you go to Charleworth Motors at Glossop, (wheres IS200Sam's Turbo work was done, Brucie's Charger, all my work)

He charged £200 including parts to change it and they did an excellent job.

Well recommended.

Stav

If you go to Charleworth Motors at Glossop, (wheres IS200Sam's Turbo work was done, Brucie's Charger, all my work)

Well recommended.

Stav

Good price was that just the belts Stav or everything tensioners and stuff? also did you get the water pump done then aswell?

Thanks Spikes for the welcome.

I still cannot figure out the 3 point seatbelt for the lapbelt - cannot locate the so called second clip - any ideas?

Thanks.

:duh: :duh:

What do you mean second clip? I'm guessing you have the three belts, but only two buckles? It might be under the seat, try removing the seat cushion and having a look underneath..........(which is done by pulling up the front of the cushion to unclip it and then pulling forwards)

Well recommended.

Stav

Good price was that just the belts Stav or everything tensioners and stuff? also did you get the water pump done then aswell?

Alrite mate,

That was including belt and tensioner mate.

I didnt have the water pump done then mate, as there was no need to, but its recommended. Dont reckon it would have cost much more though

Well recommended.

Stav

Alrite mate,

That was including belt and tensioner mate.

I didnt have the water pump done then mate, as there was no need to, but its recommended. Dont reckon it would have cost much more though

Cool cheers Stav, will make a note of them then doesn't need doing but worth knowing.

Thanks Spikes for the welcome.

I still cannot figure out the 3 point seatbelt for the lapbelt - cannot locate the so called second clip - any ideas?

Thanks.

:duh: :duh:

Like Spikes said there should be three buckles 1 left of centre and 2 right (looking form the front into the back) it's probably dropped underneath the seat, it's easily done.