Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi guys

Have just purchased a HID KIT off eBay and fitted today.

Well impressed with results and much improved on a 95 LS headlights.

H4 8000k kit fitted from a seller called "J_A_M PERFORMANCE"

£50 AND £10 delivery. Order from his shop as its slightly cheaper than ordering from main listing.

8000k gives clear white light with nice blue tinge but you can specify the k you want when purchasing.

This is a amazing price for what i think is a quality kit. Am thinking these were abot £250 a few years ago.

Hope this helps someone.

steve

Hi guys

Have just purchased a HID KIT off ebay and fitted today.

£50 AND £10 delivery. Order from his shop as its slightly cheaper than ordering from main listing.

8000k gives clear white light with nice blue tinge but you can specify the k you want when purchasing.

This is a amazing price for what i think is a quality kit. Am thinking these were abot £250 a few years ago.

Hope this helps someone.

steve

Hi Steve,

Did you fit these yourself? and if you did was it an easy enough job? As I'm thinking of converting my RX300 over to Xenon headlights.

Cheers Nev

Hi guys

Hope this helps someone.

steve

how blue are the 8k :question: :)

I'd have got the 6000k (in fact I did :yahoo:), sounds like a bargain :D

hi dj , so with the 6000k are pure white with a hint of blue, i'm asking as i dont want hot fuzz attention :winky:

Hi guys

Hope this helps someone.

steve

hi steve pictures and maybe a write up would be very welcome.

The headlights on the ls400 are very good with the foglights lit aswell - how do the HIDs compare with regards to visibility.

Also im assuming you get one bulb for each side in the HID kit - does that mean that you have to leave the foglights as standard??

looking forward to your reply

Each 'set' of lights needs a 'set' of H.I.D's

1 set for dipped (the really important ones)

1 set for for fog (if desired)

1 set for main Beam (if desired)

The only time you dont need seperate sets, is when on some cars the Main Beam & Dipped share a single bulb,

then a special kit is required that has a shield around the bulb that moves to give the 2 different beams.

hi, sorry 1st chance to get back sice posting.. to cover some of the questions and thanks to dj wozza for getting some done for me lol

1. a m8 did it for me and i made the cuppa's but it is well within the abilty of most people as no extra wiring is needed yo just connect the kit.

2. mine are slightly blue with a clear white view, but have checked with my mot guy 1st and he said they are ok as long as the kit is 'e' marked and their not rediculously blue. i would say 6000k and 8000k are the ones to go for 6000k for pure white and 8000k if you want a slight blue tinge.

3. ive never used fogs with mains but can definatly say they are better than ordinary lights on their own. Giving a whiter light (without the yellow tinge lol) and slightly further lit into the distance. Its more like daylight than ordinary h4 bulbs.

Heres a brief guide to how mine were fittted.

Remove top air intake cover across front of engine and front of air filter box and filter and Battery bracing. (all for access)

Remove four bolts holding headlamp . Remove gently and disconnect each bulb connector as you can reach it.

Remove top h4 dipped bulb from h/lamp and place in hid bulb. around the dipped and main beam bulbs on the rear of the lamp is a rubber cover . the hole in this will need to be enlarged to accept the rubber grommet fron the hid bulb leads but is easy to cut and feed the leads through. The leads from the hid bulbs to the ballast boxes are easy to connect and only fi one way anyway. The manual makes connecting the leads easy . the only prob;em my m8 had was conncting the hid positive and neg leads to the original harness connector,as it has 3 posts. This was sorted by using a multimeter with the ignition and headlight switch set to on to give a feed. by trying two post at a time you can tell which is pos and neg.

no reading is wrong pair, -12v,,, reading is posts reversed and 12v reading will tell you which is pos/red and neg/black and then its just a case of puting the red lead in pos and the black in neg. all leads were then insulating taped up and the ballast boxes were cable tied under the airbox and to the side of the Battery on the other side. refit headlights and enjoy.

this is very basic description as im not overly mechanically minded but i would say as long as you have access to a mulitmeter and maybe another pair of hands to help handle and remove the hlamps it should be possibel for most people. It took 90 mins to do all in and if i did it again it would be an hour.

steve