Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wtk: 1999 Rx300 Transmission Options?

Good day to all. I have a 1999 Lexus RX300 with 100,000KM on the ODO and i am hearing a humming noise comming from under the vehicle when accelerating from a dead stop. It is only heard at lower RPMs and stops once the vehicle picks up speed over 50KM/hr.

Now from what i am reading everywhere, i fear that this may be signs of a transmission problem. If anyone has any idea what this noise could be please let me know.

Also, if my transmission has to be changed- i would like to know if there are any other compatible transmissions that i could use in my vehicle????

I dont know if this makes sense but i figure if most RX300's have transmission problems, why not change to a more reliable transmission from another vehicle??

Always puzzled me this item.....it appears that in the states with the AWD option they have numerous trans failures at quite low mileages, where as here in the UK I have heard of....well none so far (although I am sure there must have been some at least!), and with road conditions I would have thought UK roads would pound the transmission far more than the US roads.....odd to say the least.

Best regards David