Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Made In Japan - Sticker On Windscreen - Why?

japthree

And on the other side should read..............Modified in England :winky:

or jockland :lol:

(DJ Wozza's best impersonation of Mrs Mole)

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay :D

Or modified in jockland by Sasanacks.

@ Wozza Mrs Mole will sort you out the next time she sees you :whistling:

My neighbours Yaris says "MADE IN FRANCE" on the windscreen as apposed to "MADE IN JAPAN" that's written on mine. My Micra doesn't say "MADE IN NEWCASTLE" though. It might have somthing to do with it coming across from Japan on a boat and then they put one screw in it and claim it was made in Britain.

My neighbours Yaris says "MADE IN FRANCE" on the windscreen

Not sure why you'd want to advertise that fact :blink::lol:

It's cool to know that it is built in Japan, adds to the feeling of quality - reminds me of some of our electronics from the time things were made "properly" that have made in japan stickers on them.

It's an important fact though, as there is a clear quality difference in german cars that are made in germany, and those that are made elsewhere (the original M-class springs to mind) and also works the other way with cars like the focus which are built in germany and it shows through..........

• 4 years later...

My neighbours Yaris says "MADE IN FRANCE" on the windscreen as apposed to "MADE IN JAPAN" that's written on mine. My Micra doesn't say "MADE IN NEWCASTLE" though. It might have somthing to do with it coming across from Japan on a boat and then they put one screw in it and claim it was made in Britain.

EXCUSE ME :megaangry: but its made in Washington Geordie Land You know that bit of England where the lad who cut down his fathers apple tree came from

All I ever seem to find on the electronic stuff I have the misfortune to try and repair is MADE IN CHINA.

I do have this sticker on mine at the top passenger side of the windscreen, no idea what is is but must be required in Japan.

post-12144-0-23917200-1359220411.jpg

This was one of the things I was told to look out for when buying an IS. I was told if it didn't have the made in Japan sticker on it then walk away as chances are its had it's windscreen replaced and replacing windscreens on IS200's seems to cause a lot of leakage problems and water gets everywhere inc the electrics and from there it's a downhill spiral until the car gives up! ( so I was told)

I do have this sticker on mine at the top passenger side of the windscreen, no idea what is is but must be required in Japan.

If it's anything like the windscreen roadtax stickers they have in Malaysia (where I visit quite often), it could be the renewal date for the vehicle's roadtax.

i.e. 16 = day, 3 = month, and the color of the tax disk indicates the year.

Its the japan equivelant of te tax discs . I have had 6 or 7 jap import people carriers all had them on. Strangely though it seems to not matter where on the car it goes. my current Toyota has it on the rear screen yet the honda it was on the front,

As for made in Japan sticker missing being a reason to walk away from buying a car what tosh. My lex had a screen 2 years ago never had a problem any screen not fitted properly will leak not a problem unique to the Lexus the problem is unique to useless screen fitters.

My boss doesnt like buying cars that dont have the original dealer number plates on them he thinks it means they have been crashed and needed the plates changing. Its just a silly theory that doesnt hold out just like the screen sticker.