Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

In Car Flip Screen

R. iMTY

Im looking for a ALL in 1 system for in car entertainment.. I've seen one which I would like to buy but would like some sort of advice & other peoples view's & comments/feedbacks

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BLUETOOTH-7-TOUCH-SC...A1%7C240%3A1318

Has anyone ever got anything from this user before? & what was the outcome?

I would prefer somthing which is branded well to the UK standard's. Main keys of requirment mst have...

Plays DIVX / Mpeg4/ VCD / CD / MP3 / AVI / WMA

USB (via the bk or at da front but not on da right side of da system as it will brake against my knee)!

Memory card slot (MMC & SD)

Aux slot

FM/AM Radio

AV input/output

Indash flipout screen

Touch screen

Bluetooth (would be better)

Detachable face off

I dont mind spending abit but really need to get one asap as im without sound at da moment :crybaby:

DONT BUY IT!

I've had two of them Jap cheap headunits that are all singing and dancing.

Ditched them both for a decent Alpine single DIN.

while they do do everything they say, the interface is normally cheap and nasty and the sound qualites pretty rubbish as well. I had a lot of alternator whine coming through the speakers with the jap units, but as soon as i plummed in the Alpine *poof* it was gone.

Take my advice and spend the money on a decent headunit to start with and you'll only buy one. instead of three like me.

Much better off with the double DIN JVC DVD players at about £300 upwards HERE.

It is available with the Bluetooth Kit as a package for £369.99

A few members have bought very similar things in the past and ended being very disappointed

with the overall sound quality mate. I really wouldn't if I were you, but it is your money.

I really do feel you would be much better off with something else.

try HERE

or HERE for some good info and then scour the internet for the best prices :)

I know there is a big step up in price, but honestly IMO you do get what you pay for....

Where in London are you ?

Stav beat me too it again, :lol: I was looking for the links !!

erm I thought Walthamstow was North East London up past Tottenham way (ish) ?

I'm in Bromley (SE London). Happy to help mate as are many club members :D

Lol, yeah I'm pretty sure Walthamstow is north east, as it's not far from me :whistling:

And as the others have said, definitely stay away from the unbranded stuff, and go for a double DIN like wozza said, they look fantastic once installed :)

see i know this might sound really old school to alot of you guy's but I'm after a nice flip out screen single din & buy a nice tape system too as like to listen 2 my old school stock live recored stuff from rave's! I know its old fashion & dated but with the amount of space I would have after taking da old one out thats what I'd like to do...

maybe oneday i'll recored from tape to CD..

I'm sure you are on the wind up about Walthamstow.....

Google map defo says North London, as does my TomTom, and my brain lat time I was on the North Circular.

If you must have a flip out screen DVD, I don't recall ever seeing one with any kind of tape deck fitted.

As for decent quality Flip Screen DVD players (costs will be quite a bit more from about £370 up)

All Single DIN Flip Out Scren Types....

1 Kenwood KVT-522DVD Motorised DVD/CD/MP3/WMA monitor

2 Pioneer AVH-P5000DVD DVD/CD/MP3/AAC/Divx 7-inch Motorised Screen USB/Aux

3 Alpine IVA-D106R DVD CD/MP3 Tuner 7" Motorised Screen

4 Panasonic CQ-VD5005N 7" In-Dash radio/cd/dvd/mp3

Have a look on the net for the specs you like on those models, then do a price hunt.

see i know this might sound really old school to alot of you guy's but I'm after a nice flip out screen single din & buy a nice tape system too as like to listen 2 my old school stock live recored stuff from rave's! I know its old fashion & dated but with the amount of space I would have after taking da old one out thats what I'd like to do...

You might want to try something like this to convert your tapes via your computer. Then you won't have to worry about trying to find something with a tape deck (which I would imagine will be almost impossible).

p1849b.jpg

Can I ask the reason behind having a flip up as opposed to a double din screen unit?

well i find them very neat, less attention for car jackers as they have detachable face off's + more room to stick in another system too :)

You might want to try something like this to convert your tapes via your computer. Then you won't have to worry about trying to find something with a tape deck (which I would imagine will be almost impossible).

p1849b.jpg

Yes your right! I will need to at some point...