Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lowering Springs What Ones?

cameron is200sport

ok i want to get my lex lower than the sport springs give i hear they are around 10 to 15 mm lower than the ls etc.so what ones should i get,would love coilovers but just a tad out of my pocket at the moment well brand new anyway.

would love the back to be just flush with the arch and the front also,

Im also wanting to do this, after alot of reading and searching on here it seems the TTE/Eibach ones are rated, along with the Teins, I think I heard they can become bouncey though, Im also still a little lost a regarding what should be replaced at the same time, i.e-Bushes, and how to prevent bottoming out etc so any info would be great! Coilovers I think are the way to go but alot more pricey than just replacement springs, not sure if its worth spending another £200 on coilovers as im not going to be taking my 200 on track etc, all we are most likely after is a lower look with as little bounce as possible . . .

Some members have previously reported problems after installing lowering springs, e.g. finding that their shocks were not in good order and so they got a terrible ride after installing the springs. Obviously with coilovers you don't get this problem since you're installing new shocks at the same time.

I'm certainly not trying to say that lowering springs are no good, but you might want to bear in mind the mileage of your car/age of your shocks.

I have had SPAX springs fitted to mine for 3 years, no prob's with shocks or springs, everything is still good, they have not sunk either people reported this with other cars.

my car is a T ('99) with 135k

I had a rear shock changed on my first service, 2 weeks before i got it lowered...I dont have records of the shocks being changed before me...does not mean it wasnt done tho'

Yeah, that's kinda what I was getting at. You said you had no problems with your shocks, but it could be that your shocks had been replaced and so weren't that old anyway.

Just that if people are thinking that lowering springs will be cheaper than coilovers, then they might well be if their shocks are still good, but there might be less of a difference than they think if they have to end up buying new shocks anyway.

Just got mine lowered on eibach springs from Sport springs. Dropped it about 2-3cm and has made the car feel slightly tauter round corners. The ride is still the same but handling has improved. Springs still need to settle so the handling may loosen a little more over this week. Was going to get my arbs done at the same time but my droplinks failed so couldn't.

Just changed out my springs to TTE/Eibach as the previous set of "PI" springs snapped. When I changed mine out originally in 2006 I had problems with deliveries so had to go with PI springs at the time. Car was in for MOT last month & the front spring had snapped after 30months so decided to change all springs to the Eibachs.

• 1 month later...

Hi I am new on here I have just fitted a set of apex springs to my is200 se and it now sits at a really nice ride hight and the handling is a real improvement

I do have a slight problem though I took my car earlier to kwick fit to get it re aligned and the bloke said that it was .5mm out and not worth re aligning but my steering wheel is off centre does anybody have any idea what I could do or somebody who knows anyone who could possible help me out thank you.

running 19's mr mole.....isnt that abit too much

and i would go for tte spings

Just needed the rear arches rolled and all is good mate :winky:

awryt did you feel a difference in the 0-60

thanks

running 19's mr mole.....isnt that abit too much

and i would go for tte spings

Just needed the rear arches rolled and all is good mate :winky:

awryt did you feel a difference in the 0-60

thanks

No did not notice a difference mate.

and if there was it would only be a small amount.

• 1 month later...

I really want to lower mine, but at 130k I'm assuming its unwise to put lowering springs on? As far as I can tell they are still the original shocks, although they do appear to be in good condition as most of the 130k are motorway miles done early in the cars life. Dont want to fork out for lowering springs then realise 6 months later I need new shocks aswell.

How do the Tein springs affect the ride comfort?

Glad I spotted this thread, I have a 2001 model that's done 120,000 miles but would really like to get it lowered at the same time as fitting 18's (once I've found a set I like/can afford!). Like others in this thread, I want to keep cost down.

I don't plan on keeping the car for more than a year but at the same time want it looking sweet for the summer! B)

I've got hold of a set of HKS springs (front 37mm / rear 25mm)

These are listed for Altezza so on my IS200 the front may drop slightly more due to the heavier engine.

I'm going to fit them now so i'll let you know......

(oh, and thanks the fitting guide on here :thumbsup: )