Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Car was on the driveway at the weekend. Tried to unlock the car with the remote key, light came on the key but car would not unlock. Tried this several times. Then I unlocked the car with the key into the drivers lock and the alarm went off but still couldnt open any of the 4 doors. After several attempts I managed to open the drivers door with the key and start the engine.

Before all this had happened I applied the brake several times and have a noise that I could only describe as a judder. Then a tapping noise coming from the engine area. This happened every time I applied the brake and came to a standstill. This then dissappeared and I havent had any problems so far. The same motion also happened after I came back from a long journey with both Rear DVD screens on for about 2 hours, when I applied the brake there was a juddering noise/movement as though the car was stalling

I am taking my car into my local Lexus dealer (South Woodford) to check it out and also look at the following since I have owned the car since April 08

1. Drivers leather seat is all "rucked" up and there is folds in the leather

2. Slow puncture in rear left tyre (my fault I know)

3. Rear DVD screen sometimes shows "low voltage" and turns off when I brake hard or accelarate fast

Any comments welcome on all of the above points

Have dealt w/Lexus Woodford for parts only and they have been 'the best' on price and service. IIRC then they are also held in very high regard for servicing and Customer Service - so you should really have no problems.

Good luck!

I had the same problem with the seat on mine after only a few thousand miles from new. Lexus Birmingham replaced this under warranty without any fuss and the new seat is still fine 12K later. This is a problem I have heard about more then once on this forum and elsewhere.

I had the same problem with the seat on mine after only a few thousand miles from new. Lexus Birmingham replaced this under warranty without any fuss and the new seat is still fine 12K later. This is a problem I have heard about more then once on this forum and elsewhere.

Well my car has gone in today to lexus in Woodford and they are keeping it until the weekend. They will be looking at the following

1. Drivers seat leather rucked up

2. Rear drivers side DVD screen is showing "low voltage" on some journeys and cannot produce a picture

3. Slow punture in rear left tyre (they offered to replace the tyre with a new one not just repair it. The pressure should be 31-32 and i checked it last night and it was showing 18!!)

4. They have identified the brake problem as they had on other RX400h come in with the same problem

Seems though the more you spend on a car the more problems can go wrong with it !

Ill keep the forum posted with the outcome

PS. One thing the salesperson did say that in Sep 2007 they had 108 cars sold with the new reg, this Sep 08 they had 3 !!!. Sign of the times

Well my car has gone in today to lexus in Woodford and they are keeping it until the weekend. They will be looking at the following

1. Drivers seat leather rucked up

2. Rear drivers side DVD screen is showing "low voltage" on some journeys and cannot produce a picture

3. Slow punture in rear left tyre (they offered to replace the tyre with a new one not just repair it. The pressure should be 31-32 and i checked it last night and it was showing 18!!)

4. They have identified the brake problem as they had on other RX400h come in with the same problem

Seems though the more you spend on a car the more problems can go wrong with it !

Ill keep the forum posted with the outcome

PS. One thing the salesperson did say that in Sep 2007 they had 108 cars sold with the new reg, this Sep 08 they had 3 !!!. Sign of the times

Okay, all problems fixed.

1. Brake problem has been fixed, one other model had the dame problem.

2. They have taken a photo of my leather on the drivers seat and will call me to replace it

3. Rear DVD screen fixed

4. Slow puncture turned out to be a full puncture. So £150.00 for a new tyre !