Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Newbie From The Isle Of Man

mantior

Hey there folks

Just joined recently after buying a 96 GS300 Sport, nice motor for the sort of money I paid for it. Handles better than I anticipated, but as expected I need to do some work on the suspension (front lower TC arm bushes + possibly ball joints)

How well are the Sports meant to ride? Mine seems to crash over uneven surfaces quite badly, partially due to the problems mentioned above, but I think it's either under-damped or the shocks have given up the ghost, which they have every right to at this age and mileage (125k)

Cheers ears

mantior

125k? On Mona's Isle?? It's not a local car, then!!

Welcome to LOC

Lol, certainly not most of its life... do tell about your link to this rock, everyone has a tedious link to the Isle of Man - even if you don't know it yet!

... do tell about your link to this rock
I’m a Laxey boy, although I’ve lived “across” since I was a kid. However, there’s still family and lots of friends on The Island, so I am there several times a year – usually on the bike rather than in the car, but my IS300 has had a couple of trips over. It goes “quite well” on the mountain road!

... do tell about your link to this rock

I lived in Peel (in the Central Hotel in Castle Street) as a small boy and went to Peel Clothworkers School.

We had a holiday on the island recently - driving a hired Nissan Micra . . . . . :driving:

Welcome to the forum.