Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I've had my IS250 SE-L auto for 2 weeks now and I love the car. Fuel ecconomy is a little lower than expected, but I have a large right foot :)

I've been wondering about the type of fuel that best suits the car.

The manual just states 95+ ron fuel.

Is there anything to be gained by using the premium 97 ron fuel, any more mpg, or any more power?

I'd be pleased to hear from anyone that has tried it.

Thx.

I've had my IS250 SE-L auto for 2 weeks now and I love the car. Fuel ecconomy is a little lower than expected, but I have a large right foot :)

I've been wondering about the type of fuel that best suits the car.

The manual just states 95+ ron fuel.

Is there anything to be gained by using the premium 97 ron fuel, any more mpg, or any more power?

I'd be pleased to hear from anyone that has tried it.

Thx.

Hi,

I have used mainly 97 (or above) fuel in my IS250 but haven't done any mpg calculations myself, just going by the mpg indication on the car. The majority of my driving has been in and around London in traffic.

I find that BP 97 fuel gives the best economy (I'd say around 20 miles more per tank for my journeys) and I did notice smoother acceleration but not a big increase in power

Esso 97 gives similar economy to the BP 97 but car does not feel as smooth when accelerating - I'd say similar to normal 95 petrol

Tesco 99 does seem to give more power and quicker acceleration but economy is not as good as the BP or Esso

Not had a chance to try Shell V Power - they have closed down all their filling stations along my usual routes!

So whenever possible I used BP 97 which seems best for me

Hope this helps

The OBC seems to overestimate mpg anyway: mine is showing an overall average of 29.7; my own records show tank mpgs of between 24.74 and 26.57 with an average at last fill up of 25.99. Currently c2k miles on the clock.

As for fuel types, I go where my Total fuel card takes me!

Have read mixed comments on the benefits of Shell V Power and other higher octane fuels.

Honest John (Daily Telegraph, Saturday motoring supplement) swears by it, he claims to have used it for quite some time with gains in fuel consumption, more power and I think, smoother running.