Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The site is getting more and more packed with bad points/cons/pet hates etc. Many of which usualy ring a bell (oh yes mine does that anoying thing too, or yes my dealer unfortunately said that). Lets bring back the threads of good points and joy!

BMW drivers reading this must feel smug, lets get it back on a good note!!!

I.E. ( and this is true and not just an example) I had my IS250 30k service done for free because i queeried the fact that the book was not stamped for the 20k one which it turned out had been done!! and they still valeted it. (Lexus Liverpool)

post-23293-1228251187.jpg

The site is getting more and more packed with bad points/cons/pet hates etc. Many of which usualy ring a bell (oh yes mine does that anoying thing too, or yes my dealer unfortunately said that). Lets bring back the threads of good points and joy!

I.E. ( and this is true and not just an example) I had my IS250 30k service done for free because i queeried the fact that the book was not stamped for the 20k one which it turned out had been done!! and they still valeted it. (Lexus Liverpool)

I'm with you on this. I've been on loads of forums, mostly for BMW's and they all concentrate on the things that go wrong, the difference seems to be on the BM forums, the owners are more prepared to put up with the problems (and trust me, BMW's have lots of them).

I've had my 250 for 6 months and 11k miles, and whilst at first I missed the 'driver' feel of the BM's, the IS has really got under my skin. I've had no problems with the dealers or the car - no breakdowns, no notable rattles, only thing I think should be changed for the next model is sort out the tyre roar, and imrpove the rear seat space - I'd have another!

HAPPY OWNER HAPPY OWNER :hehe:

well i am happy with mine 55 plate

went from a is200 to a is220d (which I me purchased Not company car or Lease )

and i love it, does exactly what i want it to do, with all the Nice luxury inside

Leather seats Mark Levinson system, rear parking camera (Must have) Sat Nav,

and when washed the Caxton Slate looks the Muts nutz even in on a Cold winters Day

and even now getting 40MPG is great for what i want

People at work think it Looks and drives Really Nice

there you go

now lets continue the Trend

Aye, OK.

I've had mine for just over 2 years, done 56k & had absolutely nothing go wrong.

My dealer - Lexus Glasgow has been faultless, the services & recalls done without incident.

I love the car, it does everything I need it to including transporting myself, 2 kids & a drumkit at the weekend - although a load carrier it ain't!

When clean it still looks great.

Happy with it..... :hehe:

Nearly had mine a year now. Love the looks, toys, comfort, economy, performance. The only complaint I have was regarding the windows going down if the remote was sat on. Leicester fixed that at the last service so I've got nothing to moan about now (touch wood).

Had mine for a couple of weeks now (IS250) and it's great. As for driver feel, well I have to agree it was non existant which i think is more the lightness of the electric power steering, but also the factory fit wheels. I soon sorted that with a set of 30 profile tyres and it handles superbly (225/30/20 & 255/30/20) I think the front is a lil too narrow for my rims though so will go up to 235s. Amazingly, the ride is almost virtually the same as with the standard 17s so I attribute this to the well damped suspension the cars have as standard.

DVD and Nav is nice and the ML system is good for a standard audio system. Economy wise, it can be good. I average anywhere between 21-29mpg. considering my daily commute is 21 miles to and from work at a 11mph average speed this isn't too shabby at all - I define urban Driving :P So far, one of the best cars i've owned, although I wish the engine wasn't so efficient as it seems to take a while to get the heater warmed up on these cold mornings!

another improvement I made was the Toms speed shifter. Unsure why but in auto mode it has improved throttle response/driveabilty. Took 2 mins to fit and was the best £25 investment I made on any car mod. Really odd, I thought I was just imagining it but even my wife as a passenger could tell the difference when I removed it......maybe it was the auto box learning the quicker upshifts?

+ve - Best looking car in and out of it's sector

+ve - sure footed, excellent grip

+ve - build quality (thus far)

+ve Excellent auto box

The car has the best auto box and engine of any car I've driven, they are super smooth, and I've driven alot of auto's. Nearest to it I guess is the Merc E280 CDI, but still not as good.

Engine noise, or lack of it.

Bonnet release catch under the bonnet is perfect, took me about 2 seconds to find and release. May not sound like a big point, but to me speaks volumes about Lexus attention to detail. You try finding it on many other makes, you end up having to look in the manual, or bending down to look into the gap between the grill and bonnet.

This is a good thread. Positivity at last.

I was a member of the MINI and TypeR forums before. They were all negative as well.

My car has had a few issues. Got one or two minor warranty points carried out today by Lexus Glasgow without any fuss. I also got my free winter check up and the car was washed. All very pleasant.

The 250 is undoubtedly the most handsome car in its sector. Even Clarkson said so the other night.........

I've had mine just over a month and I think its the dog's b's. I'm still learning new things about the MM system and the electronic systems; I even bought a new Bluetooth phone so I could set up the autodialling stuff.

It feels great to drive, looks fantastic and its just so well made and finished. I wasn't prepared for the fact that driving it is like driving a 2-seater; I had an MR2 mk I many years ago it takes me back to those days every time I sit in it - but with knobs on. :D :D

I've had my 07 250 SE + MM Auto for nearly three months and in my opinion it is a truly excellent car. It combines luxury with perfromance, and all the toys us boys love.

Passengers love the rear view camera and I am looking forward to updating the sat nav DVD.

Mine is black and after the hand wash boys have done their job the car looks the dogs.

Happy days!

I've had my 07 250 SE + MM Auto for nearly three months and in my opinion it is a truly excellent car. It combines luxury with perfromance, and all the toys us boys love.

Passengers love the rear view camera and I am looking forward to updating the sat nav DVD.

Mine is black and after the hand wash boys have done their job the car looks the dogs.

Happy days!

I think your model in black is probably the pick of the bunch mate

The IS250 auto is a good car. It's the IS220d faults and the few bad dealerships that seem to get all the press and IMO have tarnished Lexus' reputation. Lexus know how to fix the problem but are they willing to do it? I don't think they are. A satisfied customer will tell very few people about their experience. A disatisfied one will tell everyone they can. Lexus should remember that. As for the IS, it's unfortunate that the 250 is catching the diesels bad publicity as for me, they are two entirely different cars in terms of performance and driver satisfaction.

If it hadn't been for my local dealerships attitude and treatment of not just me, but many customers, some on here, I'd have contemplated another Lexus, either a GS or a an RX, but they've put shot to that happening. It will need many changes before I dip my toe into Lexus ownership again. The grass isn't always greener on the other side, but it is more palatable when the dealer at least works with you to solve any problems instead of just grabbing your money.

The IS was a nice car until the dealer did his stuff. Then you start to notice all the little faults and quirks that never really bothered you before. Suddenly they become magnified ten fold and ruin the car. The you find yourself looking for any reason to hate it and with the diesel find them.

mixed thoughts on this one ,when you move up from the run of the mill car to what you thought was the best in customer care and quality manufacture going you beging to think you have done the wrong thing ,thats if you have problems and the way Lexus respond.Had the IS 250 sel auto for 2.5 years now and to be honest it has not missed a beat and never let the wife down .althought cost of ownership is higher then I thought it would be with services cost high in comparison to BMW.Well it must be a good car as the wife wants to keep it after it comes out of Lexus today after

1 engine start up rattle fix

2 CD's not ejecting

3 wing mirrors not dipping when reversing

3 rattles

4 corrosion on all wheels

5 first M.O.T

had a new rx 400h as loaner and wow what a car - hmmm lexus are tryinh hard to get me to part with more cash .30mpg intown driving .

cheers

swager

My IS220d Sport is awesome. The different gear ratios to the other trim levels make it a joy to drive. The torque is amazing and when it runs out I just change up and it keeps on going like a train.

I have had mine IS 220 d Sport since feb. Now + 40 000 km later and I´m happier then ever with it. No problem whatsoever except a crack in the window. Even the mpg is getting better and better. When it was new it was around 0.8 l/10km now I get 0.67 and sometimes even as low as 0.63 l/10 km even though it´s winter with winter tyres.

I drive every Monday morning some 300 km to work and back home Thursday. 100 % motorway. Weekends I drive mostly in town.

It´s quiet and comfortable. I have no problems with gear ratios or 6th gear. I don´t need a big boot and the rear seats are ok for my kids. It´s still a stunning look and I get happy everytime by just looking at it :D

I will get another Lex in 2 years no doubt about it. Maybe a larger car as the kids will grow, perhaps a GS or RX.

/jalfa

I may have to whisper this but I have had my IS220 SE for a year now and still think its great. Lots of lovely torque, very comfortable in long drives and I get reasonable MPG from it even in shocking driving. Dealer has been excellent as usual (had a 200 before). The heated seats have been lovely these cold mornings. Cant fault it (really).

The IS250 auto is a good car. It's the IS220d faults and the few bad dealerships that seem to get all the press and IMO have tarnished Lexus' reputation. Lexus know how to fix the problem but are they willing to do it? I don't think they are. A satisfied customer will tell very few people about their experience. A disatisfied one will tell everyone they can. Lexus should remember that. As for the IS, it's unfortunate that the 250 is catching the diesels bad publicity as for me, they are two entirely different cars in terms of performance and driver satisfaction.

If it hadn't been for my local dealerships attitude and treatment of not just me, but many customers, some on here, I'd have contemplated another Lexus, either a GS or a an RX, but they've put shot to that happening. It will need many changes before I dip my toe into Lexus ownership again. The grass isn't always greener on the other side, but it is more palatable when the dealer at least works with you to solve any problems instead of just grabbing your money.

The IS was a nice car until the dealer did his stuff. Then you start to notice all the little faults and quirks that never really bothered you before. Suddenly they become magnified ten fold and ruin the car. The you find yourself looking for any reason to hate it and with the diesel find them.

I can't help but agree with every word of this and couldn't have put it better myself. I'm actively considering getting rid of my 220d. If it hadn't been for the dealer & Lexus GB I would still have the 250 high on the replacement list, but it's well down now, even below Skoda :rolleyes::blink: .