Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Japanese Performance Mag And Wim

Tony-Bones

JP are bringing a car down tomorrow for us to calibrate, explaining what we're doing and why as part of a centre profile, i've done two before, one was for Mazda and one for Lotus but both of these were club mags. For some reason i'm cacking it with a national mag.

Wish me luck..... :crybaby:

JP are bringing a car down tomorrow for us to calibrate, explaining what we're doing and why as part of a centre profile, i've done two before, one was for Mazda and one for Lotus but both of these were club mags. For some reason i'm cacking it with a national mag.

Wish me luck..... :crybaby:

just do what you normally do tony, you'll be fine.

Cheers guys...... I've asked Mark@ wim to take some pictures of them taking pictures :duh: ...... you know what i mean... I'll post them up assuming i live through the interview.

you taking pictures of them taking pictures of you won't that set up a paradox and end the world? :tomato:

good luck tony :) what an honor,you must be proud :) :D

I am really humbled by it all..... In the seven months wim has been open as it's own entity i have had good profiles in the club mags, some superb club meets, the LOC meet was fantastic with 45 cars (that meet was in Banzai)... I have a meet for Ferrari oc next month with a few million pounds worth of cars attending, and now this in a national mag.

I think the reason i'm "nervous" is the car is the mags "build blog" and i have no idea what the intended use for the car is "track/ drift/ domestic" or whatever, so i cannot focus or script my explanation.

no matter of the intended use for the car (track/ drift/ domestic) you know how to set the car up properly,

just relax and concentrate on the years of experience you have behind you, and that special thing you have..

"a brain that can look at a set of geometry figures on a screen or a piece of paper, and turn that into a 3 dimensional

diagram showing the good & bad points (including where the chassis/tyres are in distress)" :D :D :D

All that done in your head and you are worried about a magazine shoot ? ROFLMAO

"a brain that can look at a set of geometry figures on a screen or a piece of paper, and turn that into a 3 dimensional

diagram showing the good & bad points (including where the chassis/tyres are in distress)" :D :D :D

"thanks for the training wozz"?

All done.... It was more intense than i thought it would for a national mag, i assumed they would want to keep things "readable", seemingly not.

I set the chassis then we spent two hours discussing chassis dynamics, theoretical handling properties, then some static theory and why different cars need different settings.

I wish him luck trying to translate this into a magazine article :yawn:

Glad it's done though...