Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How Bad Is The Snow Were You Are?

ormi

fell asleep earlyer woke up and thought i fancy a chippy........opened the door and what the hell bout 5, 6 inches of snow!!!!!!!!!!!! my wee pup went running out first time hes seen snow couldnt get him in!!!!

chippy?????no danger!!too cold too much snow!!!

how bads it were you are???? :blink:

I left my house in Wigan this morning and there was just a thin covering of snowy ice on the ground.

I got over towards work which is only 7 miles away, but near the start of the Pennines, and there was a good few inches, and it snowed quite a bit in the morning.

Work car park was entertaining: TRC off, full lock, full throttle :lol:

Its just f****n freezin where i am,

Snow doesnt tend to stick though cause were right by the coast. But we'll see tonight cause its meant to be so much worse!

I hate driving in these conditions though it sucks.

Glasgow City Council rather helpfully neglected to grit the road outside my flat yesterday morning, or any of the pavements for that matter, so after falling on my arse once upon stepping out the front door and then again trying to get the frozen-shut car door open, I was greeted with a scene of utter chaos; two cars had already slid gracefully into a set of bollards at the end of the road, and 4 cars trying to do 3 point turns to go back out the other way promptly got themselves stuck in the gutters due to the 5-10mm thick sheet ice coating the road. Me in my bedecked, coilovered, no-ABS'd 200SX managed to extricate myself without any trouble and get on my way, albeit about half an hour late! It was only after I'd made my way to Edinburgh (I'm in Glasgow) and then back to the office I realised that my eyes must have been on stalks the whole way there and back. I was absolutely shattered! I swear every third car I saw on the road yesterday was a recovery truck with a pranged car or van on the back.

I wonder if the folk who slid into the bollards would have any recourse against the Council not gritting the road?

Roads were dangerous near me this morning!

I was on a back road where there was obvious ice and crushed snow on the road, someone coming the other way slid into a hedge on a sharp corner.

Then right near my office a truck pulled out on me coming the other way, I braked and slid about 15 metres with the ABS on all the way. Luckily there was plenty room.

No snow in Birmingham where i live

and Non in Coventry where i work

But i put it down to the Recession (so GMTV and ITN keep telling us) :lol:

The Council's wont buy any Snow

as they lost there Money in Iceland

Really it was Iceland the Freezer store they lost it in, having some wild Partys :lol:

Matt

Quite bad up my end, managed to get to work, all be it a little late. The Lexus coped suprisingly well.

We've bought loads of crates of beer for the xmas period, so i chucked them in the boot to add some weight over the rear wheels. Seemed to do the trick. Plus, if i do get stuck at least i can have a good time :D