Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Body Shop On The Make

Abbas

Hi,

Had an experience of a body shop invoicing for repairs that were not done and parts charged for that were not fitted! All this has been inspected and reported back to them through an independant engineer. (they got caught out basically, pics taken etc..)

They are willing to rectify all but I still feel as if they have got away with it.

Anyone know how serious this is and if I could stop them from doing it to the next customer?

Many thanks

Hi,

Had an experience of a body shop invoicing for repairs that were not done and parts charged for that were not fitted! All this has been inspected and reported back to them through an independant engineer. (they got caught out basically, pics taken etc..)

They are willing to rectify all but I still feel as if they have got away with it.

Anyone know how serious this is and if I could stop them from doing it to the next customer?

Many thanks

was this done through the insurance ?

if so, i am sure they will be very reluctant to use them in future

as most bodywork shops rely on insurance work, I imagine they will be getting there comeuppance

I was hit in the rear whilst my IS was stationary parked at my home one morning. Cracked the paint on the boot and put it and out of shape along with a dent in the boot lid. Caused damage to the boot lid trim and put the back end out of alignment. Really gutted! I asked Lexus Cambridge to repair my car and started my insurance claim.

Now almost Three months later...

Okay got car back from Hilton Coachworks (Lexus Cambridge bodyshop) late last week, they said the rear panel was in the estimate but then they realised it was no longer needed and forgot to take it out the bill.

The boot trim that was on the bill was forgotten to be put on was the best reason I got for that but It has been fitted now. ( I was called before the car was sent in the 2nd time to confirm what trim was needed).

2nd attempt at the car was unsatisfactory after looking at it, I would describe it as a rushed job. boot trim not put back properly...

Biggest problem boot has water leaking in to both sides of the car. I was told this would be corrected and the vehicle would not leave till its repaired and tested!

Something I am not sure about I found that the rubber seal that goes all the way around the boot top edge is loose, not sure if that should be like that?

I today gave them a 3rd chance to get my car put right, really am disappointed as I had such faith in Lexus repairing my car. The reason I used them was because I wanted the best for my IS.

I have been very patient in this and really hope the 3rd attempt will be the last attempt as its so annoying loosing your car all the time and having to make endless calls.

Name Them!!

I don't live too far from Peterborough and want to make sure I never use them !!

The Ed.

They are not in Peterbororough the body shop is in Bishops Stortford called Hilton Coachworks. Apparently this has never happened before I might be the unlucky one.

Hi,

Many thanks

was this done through the insurance ?

if so, i am sure they will be very reluctant to use them in future

as most bodywork shops rely on insurance work, I imagine they will be getting there comeuppance

Yes this was done through the insurance well I started a non fault claim with a company called Accident Exchange they were great to deal with especially at the start of the claim.

I will be very carefull were I send my car the next time.

i have used accident exchange twice and recomended them to a mate, never had a problem with them but on my first non fault claim the lexus garage forgot to remove a dent in the side of the car not a big one but still a dent, when i collected it i pointed out the dent and was told to come back a week later as it was there last day at work as it was christmas,

i had to take my car and drop off the accident exchange loan car, when i complained to accident exchange i was told i should have never accepted the car and left there car with lexus.

i have used accident exchange twice and recomended them to a mate, never had a problem with them but on my first non fault claim the lexus garage forgot to remove a dent in the side of the car not a big one but still a dent, when i collected it i pointed out the dent and was told to come back a week later as it was there last day at work as it was christmas,

i had to take my car and drop off the accident exchange loan car, when i complained to accident exchange i was told i should have never accepted the car and left there car with lexus.

I thought it was a silly as all the repairs were done to the rear end when I saw my car the rear end was covered in leafs and lots of dirt so I could not even inspect the work till it was hosed down.

They told me the same not to collect the car if I was unhappy, I wish I kept the loan car too and left mine there but the lady from lexus said to take it and ring Hiltons on Monday as it was a Sat and the body shop was closed. They just send the cars to the body shop but cant really help with anything related to it....

Oh and the IS250 accident exchange gave me as a replacement vehicle was amazing! I really enjoyed driving that around for the 4-5 weeks the car was in the first time.

But then on the other hand when it was in the second time and replaced for a smart car I sure noticed the difference lol.

they should have replaced your car for the same vehicle if not better, they claim all there costs back.

They did after the accident but because the second time it had to go back in to body shop for rectification work so it was up to them to provide a vehicle.