Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Help With A Wire :)

Hi all,

new to the club, recently purchased a 2003 is200 se.

I'm about 2 fit new 6/9's + amp i have had a good look at how 2 fit them in my car now all i need 2 know is

where the best place to tap into would be for the remote wire on the stock system,

any help would be much apreceated,

cheers, :lookaround:

Why you changing the stock rear speakers? IMHO unless your changing them all out they're excellent speakers. As they're actually four speakers, one on top of another on both sides.

If you look here though mate: http://bahamutcars.free.fr/workshop/IS_98-...ents/index.html

Thats a workshop guide, theres wiring diagrams in that for the stereo to find the switched live.

Welcome BTW

Stav

cheers for the replys guys

i will be changing the bacause i have better speakers they are alot louder than the satanderd 1's that link you sent me stav will come in handy i will save that for future reference.

i will have a look into the cigarette lighter socket see how easy that ts then maybe i wont have 2 pull the radio out or thats what i'm hoping. did your radio have 2 come out when u wired yours up aztec?

i will be doin this in about 20min lets hope all go's well,

cheers,

cheers for the replys guys

i will be changing the bacause i have better speakers they are alot louder than the satanderd 1's that link you sent me stav will come in handy i will save that for future reference.

i will have a look into the cigarette lighter socket see how easy that ts then maybe i wont have 2 pull the radio out or thats what i'm hoping. did your radio have 2 come out when u wired yours up aztec?

i will be doin this in about 20min lets hope all go's well,

cheers,

No mate, my stereo did'nt need to be removed, The lighter socket wire is quite easy to find and get to as the lighter pulls out, but i found it easier to do it if you pull up the whole gear surround so it gives a bit more space to work or even remove the gear surround which isnt hard to do :)

Hi Shotty, welcome to LOC.

Is your car an SE or Sport model ?

If so the rear speakers are powered from an external amplifier behind the glovebox like this...

AmplocationIS200SESport.jpg

The rear 6x9's are bi-wired, and are not at 4ohms on either feed. The wire you can see connecting to the

6x9's from inside the boot (under the shelf) is a bass only feed, the wire under the speaker cover on the

top of the metal rear shelf, carries the mid/treble, so as you can see...not easy to just replace the 6x9's.

yeah i get what you mean now! after freezin my ***** off all day an getin nowhere with it i'm just goin 2 replace the head unit as well, think i maybe shud of recerched it more b4 i started **** around with it.

so is there no way round the bi-wire 6x9's if i just bypas the amp? thort i knew what i was doin but i'v just ****** it up lol

wanted 2 keep the inside standerd really but if i cant get the stock stereo working with my amp i have seen 1 that i can replace it with that you guys think?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TD703-7-MOTORIZED-CA...A1%7C240%3A1318

yeah i get what you mean now! after freezin my ***** off all day an getin nowhere with it i'm just goin 2 replace the head unit as well, think i maybe shud of recerched it more b4 i started **** around with it.

so is there no way round the bi-wire 6x9's if i just bypas the amp? thort i knew what i was doin but i'v just ****** it up lol

wanted 2 keep the inside standerd really but if i cant get the stock stereo working with my amp i have seen 1 that i can replace it with that you guys think?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TD703-7-MOTORIZED-CA...A1%7C240%3A1318

DONT BUY IT. I've had two of these cheap stereos and now i've got rid of both for a decent Alpine single DIN system.

The sound quality is not great and i got terrible feedback and alternator through it. That stopped as soon as i plugged the Alpine in.

They do everything they say they do but the interface is cheap and tacky as well.

If you want any kind of sound quality at all, don't buy that or similar from eBay.

(cue Stav)

Also before you go any further with what you are doing, have a read of my ICE Thread,

lots of useful info that may help you...

Do a bit of research in this section, and see what other members have done, have a rethink on what

your plans are, then come back and ask away, and members like Sparkystav, AztecBandit, Redz_UK

or myself, (all have good experience in IS200 ICE) will do what we can to help you.

Wahtever you do, stop now, and have a think.

sorry for the late reply,

yeah think you guys are right i will have a good think about it i dont want 2 put a crap stereo in a good car now do i,

just looked at yours wozza like the idea of the subwoofer through the ski hatch i might steal that idea if u dont mind,

but dont think i will be goin for somethin that price just yet,

anyways get back 2 you guys soon,

cheers for the replys your all so helpfull i love LOC glad i joined,

having problems uploading pic's as well if some1 could help me with that there 2 big need 2 resize but dont know how,

cheers,