Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Key Central Locking Problems

hi all my problem is my remote central locking on my lexus is300 51 plate wont work. the story goes like this some little scumbag thought its was funny to smash car windows down my street he did about 13 anyway my driver side window was done so went out in the dark to clear glass up and left my interior light on only realised on the night time.

window man came to fit window and found out Battery was dead so jump started it and took for a drive to recharge Battery lock car with remote no problem. got in an hour later to pick son up from school locked and unlocked again no problem.

went to unlock this morning and remote locking wouldnt work.

i have one key which is a master one batery in key is ok i think as red light comes on when i press buttons tryed the key reprograming routine ok up till have to press buttons on key and doesnt work have checked all doors are shut properly and checked interior light works doesnt come on when i open door but does work when i press button in next to it dont know if different fuse or not. i checked fuse in passenger foot well for light and is ok. rang john roe toyota grismby and got quoted 57 pound for key reprogramming.

any body have any ideas or advice on how to solve this problem or im i going to have to pay sorry such a long post but wanted to get as much detail in as possible thanks any help would be appreciated thanks

yes tried two different versions the door locks start going on their own like it says i hold the lock button on key down and press unlock 5 times and press key nothing happens and other way you hold both down for 1 and half seconds but nothing happens

yes tried two different versions the door locks start going on their own like it says i hold the lock button on key down and press unlock 5 times and press key nothing happens and other way you hold both down for 1 and half seconds but nothing happens

If the door locks start operating on their own, that's good, that means you've successfully put the car into "key programming" mode.

Are you doing both of the following steps ?

(1) While they are clicking away,hold down the lock button on the new key and press the unlock button on the key 5 times. (2) Then release and press unlock button once.

yes i do but doesnt work it isnt a new key its my old one that stopped working

Yeah I was wondering whether there's a difference if you're trying to re-program the original key ? Sorry but I can't answer that one. I followed the procedure and got it to successfully program the remote locking for two other keys that my car had "forgotten".

well get this i got in my car this morning to take my son to school which takes about 20 mins got home thought i would try the key fob once more before i took it to garage and it worked which made my day so i just want to thank everyone for their help on here

thank you all and merry xmas

well get this i got in my car this morning to take my son to school which takes about 20 mins got home thought i would try the key fob once more before i took it to garage and it worked which made my day so i just want to thank everyone for their help on here

Excellent ! :D

So do you think that the programming worked after all ? Or did you change the Battery ?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links