Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hks Silent Hi Power Exhaust

Asi

i have just ordered this exhaust and was wondering that is it silent when you taking the car easy and does it get abit loud when you have the foot on the peddle

thanks

Hello mate,

It's never loud :) In high revs it does sound really sporty, but still not loud. Inside the car you won't notice any difference at all. A few months ago I recorded some sound clips to make a comparison video, but I used two different cameras and unfortunately my editing program only likes the videos from one of them. Therefore I never finished the video.

It does look mighty, though :D

dscn4773fixframege0.jpg

dscn4771fixframemh5.jpg

dscn4775fixframeah2.jpg

dsc0210fixframepb2.jpg

Edit: Here's one of my short sound clips:

http://www.garaget.org/video/eij6jwp1nkx1

i have just ordered this exhaust and was wondering that is it silent when you taking the car easy and does it get abit loud when you have the foot on the peddle

thanks

Hello mate,

It's never loud :) In high revs it does sound really sporty, but still not loud. Inside the car you won't notice any difference at all. A few months ago I recorded some sound clips to make a comparison video, but I used two different cameras and unfortunately my editing program only likes the videos from one of them. Therefore I never finished the video.

It does look mighty, though :D

dscn4773fixframege0.jpg

dscn4771fixframemh5.jpg

dscn4775fixframeah2.jpg

dsc0210fixframepb2.jpg

Edit: Here's one of my short sound clips:

http://www.garaget.org/video/eij6jwp1nkx1

It never stays that shiny for long though..!! :lol:

wtf you should just put ot up for sale and get a blitz i should be louder dont fit a straight pipe as you will loose top end power

you have to be GOLD to sell on here but i think you would get plenty of bids on eBay.

there is a few people looking for that exhaust

wtf you should just put ot up for sale and get a blitz i should be louder dont fit a straight pipe as you will loose top end power

you have to be GOLD to sell on here but i think you would get plenty of bids on ebay.

there is a few people looking for that exhaust

Top end power are we talking over 100mph does that matter? and the fact there's so many precats & cats on the car means it will lose no back pressure really in my opinion. You should of just got a fully fitted custom exhaust would of been cheaper if you wanted loudness ;) most of the exhausts on the market sound the same anyway mate, the blitz probably wont be that much more louder. You did purchase the HKS Silent the clue was in the name ;)

Sounds gd but a little low tho....but blitz would b too loud...I want something dats a little loud when at high revs so takin out the silencer won't b too loud....I think

I've got the Blue Flame exhaust and thats quite loud, will give you a swap if you want :lol: :lol:

Top end power are we talking over 100mph does that matter? and the fact there's so many precats & cats on the car means it will lose no back pressure really in my opinion. You should of just got a fully fitted custom exhaust would of been cheaper if you wanted loudness ;) most of the exhausts on the market sound the same anyway mate, the blitz probably wont be that much more louder. You did purchase the HKS Silent the clue was in the name ;)

Mines quiet Chris :whistling:

Asi have you thought about removing the smaller box off the back box? Not sure if it will make much difference? :unsure:

Not yet....well got a prolex induction kit so gna fit that sumtym tomatoe and den I will see how the car sounds...if doesn't sound gd...deb I will take the silencer off....or I myt just get a manifold once I get money

Not yet....well got a prolex induction kit so gna fit that sumtym tomatoe and den I will see how the car sounds...if doesn't sound gd...deb I will take the silencer off....or I myt just get a manifold once I get money

Just thought mate, Have you taken it on a good run yet since you had it fitted? With my Veilside backbox it takes a bit of time to warm up and start to sound how it should? :unsure:

Just thought mate, Have you taken it on a good run yet since you had it fitted? With my Veilside backbox it takes a bit of time to warm up and start to sound how it should? :unsure:

Very true they do get abit louder over time I found also, I'd be intrested to see what a straight through system sounds like as I'm starting to think the IS200 doesnt get really really loud like other cars. I know you dont want it loud in this case but I'm thinking there all similar loudness with just back boxes if i'm honest. Also I believe the sound proofing in the car is also quite good, should try with the window down ;) or a motorway journey to see if you want it louder ;) the induction kit can sound good I must admit when you add it..

Very true they do get abit louder over time I found also, I'd be intrested to see what a straight through system sounds like as I'm starting to think the IS200 doesnt get really really loud like other cars. I know you dont want it loud in this case but I'm thinking there all similar loudness with just back boxes if i'm honest. Also I believe the sound proofing in the car is also quite good, should try with the window down ;) or a motorway journey to see if you want it louder ;) the induction kit can sound good I must admit when you add it..

Chris have you heard mine? its a bit loud :whistling:

It sounded no louder than my Kaz1 so I assume Kaz2, blitz & blueflame or Janspeed as there all pretty much the same..lol I do understand the HKS silent maybe more quiet but that was obvious due to the huge silence chamber stuck on the side of it?

Yours benefits from the mid section pipe which I had to have made up myself :(

Will try an make a sound clip of mine tomorrow if it's not raining lol..

It sounded no louder than my Kaz1 so I assume Kaz2, blitz & blueflame or Janspeed as there all pretty much the same..lol I do understand the HKS silent maybe more quiet but that was obvious due to the huge silence chamber stuck on the side of it?

its a lot louder than the kaz 1 mate and its only the backbox not the system!

Then i want , mine shall be on eBay soon as I would like a louder one lol.

its a lot louder than the kaz 1 mate!

Then I want 1, I shall be putting mine on eBay...lol