Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello and welcome to the club mate :)

If you have a search through the IS220/250 section on here there are quite a few topics on the is220 and a few on the 5th injector problems? A few members have found that there cars are now doing less MPG than they were before the recall for the 5th injector change?

There must be fundamental issues with some of these cars.

Mine is a 57 plate (Sept07), 40k on the clock now, had the relevant 'fixes' over the last year (5th Injector) and I get between 40 - 41mpg each and every tank, sometimes if a long motorway trip, can get it up to 45 - 47mpg.

My average mpg is currently on 40.3mpg over 9,000 miles

probably 65 - 70% motorway driving admitted but do do a fair bit of town driving, especially at weekends

Admitted, mpg even I'm getting is pretty crap for a modern diesal but still way better than a high proportion of you unfortunate owners are seeing

When I got mine I was getting 40-45mpg.

This dropped all of a sudden, so when it was in for a rattle to the dash I mentioned it as it dropped to 32mpg in a week, they changed the EGR valve which returned it back to 40-41mpg but the performance was terrible, I called the garage and booked back in, they said they would keep the car as long as necessary until they where happy as there where a number of known problems?

I got the car back a week later and it is smoother, faster and now getting an average 41.9mpg, all I was told was that it was the secondary EGR?? no such thing I think, others may know, but I think they cleaned/replaced the manifold and injectors.

While mine was in I had a 58reg IS220d and that felt the same as mine now and returned the same 40-41mpg.

I have always drove steady but now when warm I push the rev's around to near the red in second once a day to blow it through having read some other sites on EGR issues.