Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Apologies In Advance

Parthiban

You think the cavedudes with the cool buggies want to go to the same places as the old-style buggy dudes chill out!????

Why would an Iphone user want to communicate with anyone from the 90's? ;)

I show them a few Iphone apps - usually a game and iPint and a few swishes a my lightsabre - and point them towards the nearest Car Phone Warehouse. :)

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is explained quite clearly above.

If it wasn't for companies such as apple - ie FORWARD THINKING - then you would all still be sending smoke signals.

Joe Public WILL be dragged (clearly kicking and screaming) into the world of mobile computers rather than mobile phones whether they like it or not eventually.

Computers tend to transfer files with e-mail not Bluetooth...

That is incorrect, we use the internet to transfer file, but many uses for Bluetooth, lots of phones/printers/headphone etc etc use Bluetooth to transfer data,audio,visual etc.

You really have to give in sometimes mate, its a function that SHOULD be on the phone.

Your comment on apple users not wanting to hang out with people from the 90's is such a typical comment from an apple slave like yourself, again you really have shown how much of a apple slave u are, its really quite worrying and pathetic.

Back to topic of which phone to get, go try them all out and choose for yourself. Ive tried a few out really liked the HTC touch HD (the short go i had) like the look of a few others but really waiting for the next google phone. The thing with the Iphone is you have to pay for it, then pay monthly, then get dragged in to the whole app's thing which makes you spend more money buying them its good marketing from apple but i'll hold off paying them for it as long as i can.

lol

*disbelief*

Come on. If Fargo got an iPhone then surely there is NO one Apple can't reach out to!

On topic. Why the disbelief at me getting an Iphone.

And still tyger doesn't back up his comments.
huh?

Edited: saving my breath

Tyger why the disbelief at me getting an Iphone

One thing I've just thought of is that does it support absolutely no data transfer via Bluetooth? So you can't synchronise the phone with your computer via Bluetooth? Can you sync via wifi?

If not, then that's not forward thinking, using wires instead of not using them is so 20th century :D

Again not the biggest problem in the world but it really does seem that apple hasn't fully embraced wireless technology.........seems that if they had their way you'd have to plug the thing into a phone socket to make calls :P

@ Ellz: Yeah the N97 does have killer specs, 32gb with microSD support means you'll have no need for a portable hard drive again! I wish they'd updated the UI, that's the only disappointment as it seems identical to the N95/96. The other thing that annoys me is that my N95 doesn't sync in the most intelligent way which can get annoying, which is part of the reason I'm thinking of going back to WM as it's perfect in that respect.

As I'm in a bit of a "sync" frame of mind, how is the Iphone in this respect? I'm not talking about music, as I'm sure it must do that perfectly with iTunes, but just for your normal stuff like contacts, calendar, tasks, etc. Does it all work pretty well with outlook?

And I don't mind that it's drifted off topic guys, I've decided not to do the early upgrade which was the original question so now this is just an interesting debate :)

I like the g1 I may be in minnority here but I actually do. The Iphone however I will never ever in a million years have one I fact im moving from o2 because about the only thing they really want to sell these days is the Iphone. And no it isnt a money thing I could get one for free on my contract I just dont want one

My laptop has Bluetooth for a reason, and I regularly use it to transfer files to my phone...

so your generalization is incorrect IMO

As for transfering files, (right or wrong) I think Limewire is almost as popular as E-Mail.

......whether they like it or not eventually.

just about sums up why a lot of people are put off apple in general. Ramming things down peoples throats

and 'enforcing' changes as 'Mother apple knows best' is patronising and quite objectionable IMO.

Believe it or not, sometimes after doing some research, people might (shock horror :o) choose a non-Apple

branded product, it may be due to budget or functionality/features or just personal preference.

As I'm in a bit of a "sync" frame of mind, how is the iPhone in this respect? I'm not talking about music, as I'm sure it must do that perfectly with iTunes, but just for your normal stuff like contacts, calendar, tasks, etc. Does it all work pretty well with outlook?

Contacts, Calendar, tasks etc all sync well with Outlook in my experience -reminders also sync freely between outlook and Iphone

You can also choose to sync piccies, Podcasts, videos etc.

I've just bought myself an N95 (i know its a bit dated)(version one with feature pack one) with the expension slot with 8gig memory card. Hacked it to bits and now i can install unasigned applications, play flv,divx, mpegs, realplayer etc etc and even makes phone calls! To me i think symbian OS is so cutomizable and is good for software developers. The only thing this doesn't have over Iphone is the touch screen, which i wouldn't like as i would have to keep wiping it all the time. Im going to wait a yr or 2 before i change my phone, unless i end up bricking it installing mumble jumble into my phone lol. Got like 70 is200 images in it lol

Contacts, Calendar, tasks etc all sync well with Outlook in my experience -reminders also sync freely between outlook and iphone

Cool, is it intelligent to know when you delete something off your PC for example, not to put it back when synching the phone? (That's what my N95 does and it drives me mad! :shutit: )

I've just bought myself an N95 (i know its a bit dated)(version one with feature pack one) with the expension slot with 8gig memory card. Hacked it to bits and now i can install unasigned applications, play flv,divx, mpegs, realplayer etc etc and even makes phone calls! To me i think symbian OS is so cutomizable and is good for software developers. The only thing this doesn't have over iphone is the touch screen, which i wouldn't like as i would have to keep wiping it all the time. Im going to wait a yr or 2 before i change my phone, unless i end up bricking it installing mumble jumble into my phone lol. Got like 70 is200 images in it lol

I'm not sure if the 1st N95 is different to the N95 8GB that I've got, but you don't need to hack it to install anything, I've got all sorts on mine without doing anything to it at all :)

Contacts, Calendar, tasks etc all sync well with Outlook in my experience -reminders also sync freely between outlook and iphone

Cool, is it intelligent to know when you delete something off your PC for example, not to put it back when synching the phone? (That's what my N95 does and it drives me mad! :shutit: )

Find it hard to believe that this isn't changeable. Every other sync system I've seen has an option to 'phone is right', 'computer is right' and 'ask me each time'. You carefully looked through the options?

Find it hard to believe that this isn't changeable. Every other sync system I've seen has an option to 'phone is right', 'computer is right' and 'ask me each time'. You carefully looked through the options?

I might be doing something wrong, but in the settings, there's only a choice of picking one to be the main one (phone or PC) but no option to "ask me" like activesync does............

If anyone has a solution though I'd be most grateful to have it :)

I've just bought myself an N95 (i know its a bit dated)(version one with feature pack one) with the expension slot with 8gig memory card. Hacked it to bits and now i can install unasigned applications, play flv,divx, mpegs, realplayer etc etc and even makes phone calls! To me i think symbian OS is so cutomizable and is good for software developers. The only thing this doesn't have over iphone is the touch screen, which i wouldn't like as i would have to keep wiping it all the time. Im going to wait a yr or 2 before i change my phone, unless i end up bricking it installing mumble jumble into my phone lol. Got like 70 is200 images in it lol

I'm not sure if the 1st N95 is different to the N95 8GB that I've got, but you don't need to hack it to install anything, I've got all sorts on mine without doing anything to it at all :)

Can't totally remember if there's an option to choose but it just syncs... ie matches the 2 so whatever you did last is what you get on both. If there is any ambiguity it asks you there and then what you want to do.

lol

*disbelief*

Come on. If Fargo got an iPhone then surely there is NO one Apple can't reach out to!

On topic. Why the disbelief at me getting an Iphone.

And still tyger doesn't back up his comments.
huh?

Edited: saving my breath

Tyger why the disbelief at me getting an Iphone

so then i take this refusal to back up your comments to mean you cant.... just as i thought.

:D

Parthiban: Syncing is a no brainer. iTunes handles it all elegantly.

You could always get MobileMe which syncs on the fly.

Add a contact to your phone and it will appear on your Mac (or PC) like magic via the "apple Cloud" and vice versa.

Same for Calendar events, push email etc.

You can even upload pics direct from your Iphone to your website!

The only time I plug my Iphone in to the Mac to sync is if I am swapping out loads of toonz or a film or two.

http://www.apple.com/mobileme/

No. It's simply that your existence just doesn't matter to me.

*yawn*

as i thought, your comments have no substance...i win....

@sparky just wanted an explantion to his blatent lies. now it transpires there are empty i shall rest my case..

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links