Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Am After A Is200 Automatic

night_51

Hey guys, I am not a is200 owner yet but am after a is200 automatic in any condition. Anything considered catd or c. Absolutly ANYTHING considered. I currently own a modded vectra but have always wanted a is200. So decided I want to make my dream a reality. after it as cheap as possible due to new job and just moved. Would part ex my vec if someone was interested in that.

Any help appreciated. :crybaby:

hi mate! welcome to the club! now thats one serious request I think. When you say in any sorta condition, you may be asking for more trouble than its worth coz if u were to get a car thats in poor condition just in order to save money you will probably end up spending more money just to get it in good or even ok nick but if u just kept an eye out n saved a bit then i'm sure u'll be able to find a mint one. just my bit of advice mate. hope u find a good one tho!

Hi guys, Im currently in Huddersfield but im originally from south London, Am on a budget of less than £1500 (seen a cat c on eBay for that price just the guy aint negotiating much or talkin much for that matter lol). Do they ever go any less than that? I would do all work myself as im very much "into cars". All the work apart from the engine rebuild I have done myself. I have just always dreamed of havin a is200 since they were brought out and would do anythin to get 1 (apart from bank loans and debt lol). Any help or advice would be very much appreciated.

I dont mind to be honest as I dont mind fixing cars etc as its wot I do. I have seen an is200 on eBay for £500 but it really is a dog, its been rolled and the interior is missin etc. I'm not that desperate but I do really like is200's and dont mind if they have a bit of damage for me to fix. lol

have you tried signing up with salvage places if you're after a cat d car? places like copart are the main guys that insurance cars go to. IIRC the membership is £20 for the year or something like that and then you can bid on cars. IS200's go cheap at places like copart. All depends upon the damage of course. Dewsbury auto salvage deal with a lot of lexus's from what I've been told so you could give them a ring as well. So do you specifically want a damaged cat d car then?

Hi welcome to LOC. Although your into doing up cars and don't mind the work you have to remember with a damage repairable, parts ain't always that easy to come by and not always cheap either, i'm with the other guys might be worth saving up abit more.

Just seen this, does it have to be an auto?

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/www/c...mp;max_mileage=

IMHO you need to spend £2-2.5k for an crash free IS200, even at this price it will probably be an early car (99/00 model) with mega miles.

Get yourself down to an auction, you'll probably find a cheap IS200 there, pay your money and take your chances. One of my mates has bought a Mondeo...I mean a Jag X type 2.1 petrol for £1900 from an auction. Its on a 51 plate with 120000 miles.

• 2 weeks later...