Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Help! Re: Brakes!

lex28

If your still stuck mate give me a shout and i'll see if i can pop over to you, as your about 45mins away from me :)

Aztec....im going to get genuine parts from lexus and give it a go...if that epically fails then defo ask for help!

Cheers though, great gesture for a newbee like me!! :winky:

If your still stuck mate give me a shout and i'll see if i can pop over to you, as your about 45mins away from me :)

Aztec....im going to get genuine parts from lexus and give it a go...if that epically fails then defo ask for help!

Cheers though, great gesture for a newbee like me!! :winky:

No worries mate, if you do get stuck give me a shout and i'll see what i can do :D

any mech should pin point the problem looking at it, as the brake set up on the 200 is a simple set up as rear brakes go. what happens when the old parts are put back on ?? if thay are ok i would take them off put old and new side by side and check i cant see there being a problem with the brake parts if you have had so much sets

any mech should pin point the problem looking at it, as the brake set up on the 200 is a simple set up as rear brakes go. what happens when the old parts are put back on ?? if thay are ok i would take them off put old and new side by side and check i cant see there being a problem with the brake parts if you have had so much sets

i know buddy, i acutally put both discs side by side etc, no difference if maybe a very tiny one (due to old disc being worn out).

even my mech is scratchin his head!!

Had a think and The only thing that can be stopping the wheels turning are your brake pads perhaps.

Are the new discs thicker (ie no wear) but your pads not retracting fully?

Old discs not sticking as gap is big enough but the extra width on new ones causing prob?

Tightening the nuts may just be enough to press agaings the stuck pad ?

Im assuming you've tried turning the engine on and pumping the brake pedal a few times after putting the disc and pads on?

Just thinking that the pads could be a little tight against the disc if they havent been wound back far enough...?

That's about all im good for :D

i dont really know what im on about but if they are brand new pads and discs maybe there stuck on if your pads arn't going back far enough, might need the discs skimming?

or is that total nonsence lol

See where you're coming from Phil, but might be a bit pointless to lash out on new discs and then get them skimmed off :whistling:

As for total nonsense, how do you find these things out without asking? :)

i dont really know what im on about but if they are brand new pads and discs maybe there stuck on if your pads arn't going back far enough, might need the discs skimming?

or is that total nonsence lol

See where you're coming from Phil, but might be a bit pointless to lash out on new discs and then get them skimmed off :whistling:

As for total nonsense, how do you find these things out without asking? :)

:blush: tar very much, i feel less idiotic now lol

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links