Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Help! Re: Brakes!

lex28

im currently having my rear discs changed but none of the 7 replicas i have tried are rite!!?! once on the hub and scrwed in, the disc doesnt turn!

i have an is200 sport, where replica shoes and pads have just been put in but having difficulties in the discs! do i need genuine parts from lexus???

check them against the old ones.handbrake shoes arnt to tight and fitted correctly.not sure but some shoes have a shamfered edge to stop them grabbing.is it in gear.

ive tried the above too mate....ive even taken off the shoes etc and just put on the discs, bolted up and the disc doesnt move on the hub by hand!! im confused.com

check them against the old ones.handbrake shoes arnt to tight and fitted correctly.not sure but some shoes have a shamfered edge to stop them grabbing.is it in gear.

ive tried the above too mate....ive even taken off the shoes etc and just put on the discs, bolted up and the disc doesnt move on the hub by hand!! im confused.com

is it in neutral, handbrake off, both rear wheels jacked off the ground?

does the hub turn with the disc off?

is it in neutral, handbrake off, both rear wheels jacked off the ground?

does the hub turn with the disc off?

yes, in neutral, handbrake off, both rear wheels jacked up...and the hub does turn without discs on...

the disc does fit on, but once bolted in does not turn!

Ok, you say your bolting the discs on? Have you tried them without the bolts to see if they turn?

Trying to break the assembly down in my head :unsure: The discs on mine are floating and not bolted to the hub as the disc slides over the wheel studs then held in place by the wheel, is it just a small bolt holding the disc on? and when the discs fitted are you winding the adjusters back???

Here's the workshop guide mate so you can have a look to make sure all is how it should be?

Click me for Workshop manual then click on repair manual then on brakes? Might show something up thats not right?

Ok, you say your bolting the discs on? Have you tried them without the bolts to see if they turn?

Trying to break the assembly down in my head :unsure: The discs on mine are floating and not bolted to the hub as the disc slides over the wheel studs then held in place by the wheel, is it just a small bolt holding the disc on? and when the discs fitted are you winding the adjusters off?

Here's the workshop guide mate so you can have a look to make sure all is how it should be?

Click me for Workshop manual then click on repair manual then on brakes? Might show something up thats not right?

yes, they turn without bolts on but not with them on. literally my mechanic has tried 8different set of different discs which dont work..the back disc plate is not bend either...

Must admit, I'm confused like Aztec, not sure there are any bolts holding the disc on. Can you post any pics of the bolt(s) and where they are?

Thats what i cant get my head round Rick,

On mine there are no bolts holding the discs on front or rear there held in place by the wheel? so if there turning without the bolt fitted then that sounds like the problem to me? :unsure:

Lex28 can you put them back together and leave the bolt out??

Wish you were closer mate, i'd pop round and have a look as its bugging me now :)

just thinking now is it the diff thats causing the disc not to turn as the other wheel is grounded,as the wheels will turn independently of each other(1 will go clockwise and the other anticlockwise) :whistling:

if that makes sense :wacko:

He has both rear wheels off the floor mate? :unsure:

oh well that was the only other explanation i could think of.

ill stay quiet now :D

just thinking now is it the diff thats causing the disc not to turn as the other wheel is grounded,as the wheels will turn independently of each other(1 will go clockwise and the other anticlockwise) :whistling:

:lol::lol: know where your coming from though mate :D

:lol::lol: know where your coming from though mate :D

glad you did,i didnt have a clue :lol:

im a mech and you have lost me m8 do you have any pics you could post up

sorry mate...im losing my paitents with my mech!!

the replica discs that i got go onto the hub etc and TURN...

but when i put on the locking nuts (not bolts, sorry my bad) and tighten the nuts the wheel doesnt move like it should.

both rear wheels are off the ground..

handbrake is off

Pads and shoes have been changed if thats any help..(both which are replicas too)

i thort it may just be one side, where i.e disc plate is bend etc, but its the the score on the other side!

im quite a newbee with the lexus so i apologies if i sound abit DOH!! lol

thanks for the feedback already LOC peeps!