Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Handbrake

lex28

yet another issue!! lol! all fun and games!

new shoes put on today on my is200 sport...but with the handbrake, ive needed to pull it up higher, basically move 'clicks' to stop.?? any higher and the handbrake will stick out the sunroof!!

Rear adjusters need winding out mate, so the shoes meet the inner disc? Then if its still too high pull the handbrake gator up so you can get to the two 10mm nuts under the handbrake lever and adjust the cable? do the shoe adjustment first though :)

alrite mate...thanks

not to be nasty but if your mech is strugling to set handbrake i would look into another mech m8 or someone that knows what thay are doing

i thort the exact same thing, but as a local garage, he's just across the road from me!!! convienent, but not as good

not to be nasty but if your mech is strugling to set handbrake i would look into another mech m8 or someone that knows what thay are doing

i thort the exact same thing, but as a local garage, he's just across the road from me!!! convienent, but not as good

Is this the same guy who's struggling with your disks :ohmy:

Is this the same guy who's struggling with your disks :ohmy:

yes!!! first proper time ive used him as he lives across the road...one man band!!

i think it will be the last...

yet another issue!! lol! all fun and games!

new shoes put on today on my is200 sport...but with the handbrake, ive needed to pull it up higher, basically move 'clicks' to stop.?? any higher and the handbrake will stick out the sunroof!!

As others have said adjust the handbrake by lifting the leather gater to adjust the 2 nuts. I would try taking the car else where i mean adjusting the handbrake is a very basic and simple thing for any mech to do.

I think its in your intrest to goto someone who may be slightly further and costs a bit more to have it done first time round and not have to worry about it going wrong as your driving out of his backyard! Quik Fit should also be ruled out as your last resort, the one we have here ended up scratching up my painted caliper, taking chips of paint off...what was they thinking!!? oh he won't notice! But at the time i had no choice as i had seized brakes and RAC wanted like £100 tow charge at the time to a Toyota garage.