Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello, not been on here since I sold my IS300 back in 2005. Nice to be back though. I am in the process of buying a GS430 SE 2001 year with 87k on the clock. I was wondering when the timing belt should be changed (guessing 90k?) and does anyone know the rough cost to have it done by Lexus please?

Thanks

Glenn

although for a 7 year old car at that mileage wouldn't pay dealer rates myself...also I'd consider getting it looked at now anyway rather than wait as costly exercise if it breaks....100k wear in one car can be completely different in another.

although for a 7 year old car at that mileage wouldn't pay dealer rates myself...also I'd consider getting it looked at now anyway rather than wait as costly exercise if it breaks....100k wear in one car can be completely different in another.

Thanks for the replies, i have gone ahead and bought the car today, seems ok for the money(4400) few scuffs on the bumpers but nothing major and its the navigator so thats a bonus. The guy at the garage rekons the engine has a timing chain? but I am sure that its a belt, correct me if im wrong. Its got a full history all by lexus last service at 77,000 and it now has 84,000 on the clock so wont worry about it until next service is due, as you say Mark probably not worth dealer rates at his age and mileage.

Glenn

Welcome to the 430 club ;)

I can assure you it's not a chain by the way

Defo cambelt not chain.

Yes welcome to 430 land.

I'm just slightly p***ed off that since I bought mine in May the price has plummeted.

Hi Glenn

I bought my GS430 yesterday (6th) as well. (4,500 w/out nav/lev but in great nick with a very good history.) Lexus did the belt on mine at 68,000 (now on 75ish) so that backs up what Mark said really.

I started off on my way home slightly hesitantly but after 220miles and a blast on my home roads at the end I'm now officially converted, amazing car for the money.

Cheers,

Paul

Hi Paul, they are hard to beat with regards to value for money, its good that your cam belt has already been done I will have to get mine done at the next service I think. Was thinking of spending the money and getting lexus to do it as it keeps all the history with the main dealers. Since my last Lexus I have had a Saab 93 and a Volvo T5 which are both nice but as soon as I sat in the GS430 I just thought, YES its nice to be back! especially for the money.

Glenn