Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Pause In Acceleration After Auto Trans Swap

Saxen

Hi Guys,

Just had a used auto box fitted to my 1999 is200. Apart from the dead transmission, the car was previously running very well. As soon as I picked the car up from the shop I noticed that the revs were getting stuck around 2500rpms and holding there for around 3 seconds before a sudden burst of power. After running through 1st gear it would the jerk into second as the revs went below 2500rpms and would have to bust through this flat spot again.

Took it back to the mechanic who was very good about it. He put the scan tool on but everything tested fine: tb motor, tb position sensor, o2 sensors, map sensor etc. He feels that it could be the transmission but I took it to a trans place who confirmed that it was ok.

The mechanic and I have exhausted all ideas.... i've even combed this site post by post looking for answers.

Please help!!!

I'm not sure you'll find anything on here as I don't think I've heard of an auto gearbox failure so far (on this site at least)

Sorry can't be any help, but what happened to the first one? And how many miles had it done before it died?

It had done around 130,000 miles (it's a work car) when the auto gearbox had started to slip in 2nd. Then one day i was about to pull onto a roundabout when my is200 just sat there as though it was revving in neutral! not the best place to get stuck. Anyway, before the gearbox probs it was running awesomely... just had the coil packs replaced about two weeks earlier.

Do you think it could be something stupid like vac hoses reversed? Any little gotchas that might of been misssed during the auto swap.. like the ecu requiring reprogramming???

• 4 weeks later...
It had done around 130,000 miles (it's a work car) when the auto gearbox had started to slip in 2nd. Then one day i was about to pull onto a roundabout when my is200 just sat there as though it was revving in neutral! not the best place to get stuck. Anyway, before the gearbox probs it was running awesomely... just had the coil packs replaced about two weeks earlier.

Do you think it could be something stupid like vac hoses reversed? Any little gotchas that might of been misssed during the auto swap.. like the ecu requiring reprogramming???

you checked the oil level??has the process for bleedin the box been followed?ie making sure the oil has reached all gears?