Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Importing An Rs200 To Uk

coolrides

if i was to import a rs200 altezza from japan to uk what all needs done to it to make it road legal over here. e.g will i need a new set of clocks for mph. will it need fog lights fitted? will it need a special mot.

also what is the engine code of a rs200.

the one i am looking for is 1999-2000 yellow and seems to be called a rs200 z edition is this a diifferent spec car?

any good online auctions from japan that you have used?

any help would be great guys have not imported before.

thanks

you are best to go for a 1998 car as it will be subject to ESVA.

If its less than 10 years old it has to go thru ESVA which can be difficult as the car has to confirm to a model report.....i.e be standard.

I'd suggest you get one thats already hear as the £/yen exchangee rate is criminal at 137 to the £

whereas over here peaole can't shift em (traders) nice yellow one on pistonheads (seach under altezza.....

cheers stevie.

yea dave seen the one on piston heads. have mailed him saying to let me no if it sells as i not ready just yet. also been talking to a guy called gavin from 16s17s18s website. they import them and give an on the road price with its test and all done. he said about the currency at min too.

anyone dealed with them before on here?

cheers

cheers stevie.

yea dave seen the one on piston heads. have mailed him saying to let me no if it sells as i not ready just yet. also been talking to a guy called gavin from 16s17s18s website. they import them and give an on the road price with its test and all done. he said about the currency at min too.

cheers

never heard of them.............

cheers stevie.

cheers

never heard of them.............

contacted them through the japanese performance magazine. there was another one but never got back to me they called yam3. you heard of them??

parts are pretty easy to get , ....some dealers arnt helpfull, most are though, use toyota dealers not lexus though

cheers matt. i read somewhere that its a old celica engine is that true? does that mean you could get parts at a normal autofactors for servicing.

also dave can you get service and engine/transmission parts for them handy enough. i guess most of it would be lexus parts apart from the engine/transmition??

No real problems.

Best best,aside from the engine, is to say its for an IS200.

brakes/clutch/suspension/ are the same

I'd say you will be finne.

But as I've said earlier don't import...........get your wad together and offer cash for the yellow one on pistonheads (i'm after it :whistling: )

also dave can you get service and engine/transmission parts for them handy enough. i guess most of it would be lexus parts apart from the engine/transmition??

No real problems.

Best best,aside from the engine, is to say its for an IS200.

brakes/clutch/suspension/ are the same

I'd say you will be finne.

But as I've said earlier don't import...........get your wad together and offer cash for the yellow one on pistonheads (i'm after it :whistling: )

you thinking of buying it. looks nice. i was honest with the guy. said i loved the car but would not be in a position to buy till into feb or march if he still had it. and to let me no if he still has it. really low mileage. never asked him if it had any history with it.

• 1 month later...

I gotta question just interesting.

How much will cost Altezza in the UK if it will be delivered from Japan and if the car in the Japan will be cost 5000$ + delivery 2000$? What else you must pay for?

In Russia we have pay big tax for importing cars because the car manufacture in our country are so poorly. And our government are in arrangement with carmakers.

I`m just interested how doing with that in your country.