Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Turned Out To Be Bushes

Hi all I have been posting quite a few over the last week about vibrations through my steering wheel.

1st Thought it was wheel balancing got it checked twice

2nd Thought it was sticky caliper both taken off and checked. No faults plus new pads and disc fitted

3rd Turned out to be trailing arm bushes

Has anyone replaced these before and know where the best palce to get them as its xmas and money is tight ta P :whistling:

Sorry if this sounds like a silly question, but how do you know for sure that it's the trailing arm bushes if you haven't replaced them yet ? :unsure:

Hi mate, Lucky enough that one of my pals works in the Lexus garage in Glasgow plus the mechanics in there are 1st class he asked one of them to have a quick look for me then told me it was the bush on driver side that was gone. Only thing is the parts dept was closed as it was sat afternoon and he doesnt know if the sell it seperate or full kit. I will let you know once it is fixed thanks for the LINK

careful with bushes because u might find its a real PITA to remove the original bush depending on how its installed - may well work out easier and cheaper ( taking into account time etc) just to get a replacement part.

it did for me when i replaced the toe control arms on the rear.

Hi mate, Lucky enough that one of my pals works in the Lexus garage in Glasgow plus the mechanics in there are 1st class he asked one of them to have a quick look for me then told me it was the bush on driver side that was gone. Only thing is the parts dept was closed as it was sat afternoon and he doesnt know if the sell it seperate or full kit. I will let you know once it is fixed thanks for the LINK

ok, that's fair enough, the bush needs replacing. But I am not clear how you are so sure that this is the cause of the vibrations. If you're going to the trouble of replacing it, I do hope that this was the correct diagnosis.