Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi Everyone

So, my long awaited lexus is being delivered on thursday, and I have a few questions

One is that I'm not sure I trust the auto lock to lock the car - is it possible to turn on an audible "beep beep" alert when the car locks?

Also, (the car is the MM version) does the Bluetooth work with any Bluetooth enabled phone for all features (accseeing phone book etc)

What should I know, what should I do and learn about first to get the most out of the cars features?

Finally, for now, how much does an updated nav DVD cost, and where can I get one (and does anyone know of a place to download them and burn then yourself - PM me!)

I have a lot more questions, but can't think of them all at the minute so I'll keep adding to this thread over the next days and weeks as things come to me!

Hopefully you can all help out a new lexus owner!

Thanks

What exactly do you mean by autolock? Are you talking about the car locking itself when you pull away or something to do with when you lock it when you leave the car? If the latter, you lock the car by either pressing the little button on the door handle or by pressing the lock button on the keyfob (and the indicators will flash to inform you of this). Not sure what you mean by the "auto" part :unsure:

In terms of learning about the car, sit in it and play with everything! :D

The nav updates are about £150 I think, and you can get it from HERE. In terms of downloading it, it's obviously illegal (but in any case it's almost impossible to find a Lexus Europe DVD anywhere!)

Cheers - yeah, I'd assumed (like my dads renault) that in the same way the car unlocks as you approach, that it unlocks automatically as you walk away from it - so this isn't the case then?

Cheers - yeah, I'd assumed (like my dads renault) that in the same way the car unlocks as you approach, that it unlocks automatically as you walk away from it - so this isn't the case then?

Nope, I'm not sure about the renault, but from what I understood no car with keyless go locks itself when you walk away - obvious problem of if you leave someone in the car it'll lock them in.

It doesn't unlock as you walk up either, it unlocks when you put your hand round the door handle (again to prevent it unlocking if you walked past the car)

But yes, to lock it you either press the little black button on the door handle, or press the lock button on the keyfob :)