Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sc430

Rob's Lexx

Hi guys,

Couple of quick questions about the SC430:

are there many performance modifications available for it?

is it really bad on the petrol (i know its got a big engine, but seen combined figures of 24 mpg???)

Cheers

Rob

Lots of options TBH depends how much you want to spend / power your after.

Exhaust

Intake

LSD

3.76 gears

throttle controller

supercharger

cams & valves

headers

nitrous

Daizen sway bars

piggy back or ECU

short block, long block, head ported. opened up to 4.7, 5.0 or 5.2

custom twin turbo

If you going over 450 hp then you would want forged internals rods pistons and atleast a cooler on the transmission.

Without a doubt suspension needs to be sorted so coilovers and the best mod imo BBK being able to break late is awesome.

thanks matey, seen ur lex and its an absolute beauty. :) ;) B)

so they're about 280 bhp and 300 lb/ft of torque as standard off the 4.3 litre engine?? not that efficient on the power front when you think there's nearly a 4.5 litre lump under the hood..... :yawn:

what engine mods have you made matey and what sort of improvement have they made??

i wondered how they handled, u've kinda answered that one though, lol.

supercharger sounds nice - any plans for that urself fella?? what sort of bhp would that give assuming its a 'bolt-on' kit?

so they're about 280 bhp and 300 lb/ft of torque as standard off the 4.3 litre engine?? not that efficient on the power front when you think there's nearly a 4.5 litre lump under the hood..... :yawn:

what engine mods have you made matey and what sort of improvement have they made??

supercharger sounds nice - any plans for that urself fella?? what sort of bhp would that give assuming its a 'bolt-on' kit?

Only 280bhp from 4.3cc :o getting 344bhp from 4.2cc mine :whistling:

Guest inicol63

Rob if you want the SC430 then go for it as your lucky if you get 30 mpg out of the IS200 So your only be 6 mile per gallon worse off.

As you may know i have both cars and really don't mind getting 24 per gallon for the SC430 But i hate getting 28-30 out of a two litre car.

As Aquanuke says you can do what ever you want too these cars like super charger or whatever, but your going to need deep pockets.

I would change the wheels and coilovers as a starting point and then make up your mind from there.

So whats your plan for the next car?

Bolt on work pretty well on this car. Ive done..

S&S headers - expect around 22hp

Exhaust

Intake

Lextreme Torque Convertor - although the Dragon one will give you must better gains but kick in the CEL (check engine light)

Blitz throttle controller - which takes out the lag caused by the drive by wire system when you floor the car.

Daizen sway bars

Tein coilovers

And Rotora BBK

about 330 hp.

The supercharger options are very expensive and dont offer that much more

Blitz one is about 40hp, Toms one gives about 70hp both give over 400lb tq but cost £6,000 plus.

I plan to do a few more things in the spring/summer not decided yet but thinking about MVP camshafts and valves with a piggy back ecu (80-100hp) forged pistons and rods and 100 shot of NOS.

nice!!! sounds like a beast matey!!!

does the torque really make it pretty savage say when booting it from standing?? with that much torque it should be damn nippy...

i take it the mods for an SC430 are much more expensive than say for an IS - where availability and rareity is going to be an important factor??

does the torque really make it pretty savage say when booting it from standing?? with that much torque it should be damn nippy...

i take it the mods for an SC430 are much more expensive than say for an IS - where availability and rareity is going to be an important factor??

Torque is king :)

TBH all the parts you will need to import from the states, shipping is a PITA as some items weight alot. But with the dollar so weak theres good bargains to be made on the exchange rate.

Torque is king :)

TBH all the parts you will need to import from the states, shipping is a PITA as some items weight alot. But with the dollar so weak theres good bargains to be made on the exchange rate.

having to buy from the states isn't a problem

cheers for the info fellas, much appreciated