Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Gs430 Tyres, 235/45/17

Paulus

Folks,

Need new rears on my GS430 (235/45/17). I'm guessing 97 load rating? (I'm guessing because I've yet to source a full owner's guide, only got the brief one) Clearly a Y or better speed rating. The load rating seems to make a big difference to the price.

Currently most attractive option for that spec is Michelin Pilots at £155 a corner all in. Can get Dunlop Sport Max or Conti SportContact3 for slightly less.

Ideally I'd like Vredestein Ultracs but can't source them locally or find them with an increased load rating online.

Have got cheap ditchfinders on the front but not too worried about them at the moment; based on 2 days' experience I reckon oversteer from the rear losing grip is going to be more of a concern than understeer from the front scrubbing out, especially in winter conditions.

Appreciate views. :)

Cheers,

Paul

Recently I got Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3s all round on mine. Excellent tyres...

No need to go for 97 load rating, they will have stiffer sidewalls which will make the ride worse. It's a big car, but it's not necessary to go for higher-load tyres.

Mine has the 18" Sports wheels so I can't say from experience on the GS430. The owners manual however states: 235/45ZR17

The manual makes no mention of load ratings as far as I can see.

Have you tried Camskill (http://www.camskill.co.uk) for sourcing your Vredsteins.....Next day delivery and very competitive.....Just find a local tyre shop to fit for you.

Got Falken FK452's on mine - and have to say very impressed.....Just under £75 each from camskill at the time and got fitted/balanced for a £5 each.

Have you tried Camskill (http://www.camskill.co.uk) for sourcing your Vredsteins.....Next day delivery and very competitive.....Just find a local tyre shop to fit for you.

Got Falken FK452's on mine - and have to say very impressed.....Just under £75 each from camskill at the time and got fitted/balanced for a £5 each.

Had 275/35/18 Falken 452's on the back of my GS300 Sport and I was also very impressed with them.

Thanks guys, good to know the higher load rating isn't needed

Have been looking at sourcing online but according to mytyres my nearest fitting station is 25 miles away and charges £17.62/tyre!

Try Blackcircles- they might have the tyre you want at a cheaper price and a fitting centre thats local to you. I also have a 5% discount code that you can use if you buy from Blackcircles, if you PM me I will send you the code.

I bought a set of tyres for my IS200 last month, Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymetrics- these would be my choice if they come in your size.

Many thanks for the offer kam :)

After extensive googling it looks like the Falken 452s from camskill are the best bet, I can get them fitted 5 miles away for £15 ea which isn't a great price but at least saves a drive and keeps business local, total cost 171.70 for a pair

Thanks again all, LOC forum kicks butt B)