Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Reversed In To Another Car

is220d

Hi guys

Bad day for me today, one tip always clear your windows before reversing.. i was in a hurry and my windows where not very clear and I reversed in to a parked car opposite. Usually cars do not park there as it is double yellow lines but someone with a disabled badge decided to park opposit my driveway and i put a dent in the side of the car about the size of a tennis ball.

My car has scrathes and a bit of paint off.

my question is

In the last 20 years of driving i have never had to claim or anyone claim from my insurance, So i am a bit green to know how the insurance thing works.

If they decide to go through the insurance was will i have to fork out? My excess is about £350, will i be collored for their excess too?

i guess making a offer outside insurance is the key??

cheers

If you go via the insurance route you will only have to pay the policy excess on your own car. The other guy will not pay any excess because your insurers will be paying for his damage.

Should you decide to proceed via your insurers you do not neccessarily need to pay ANY excess. If your damage is slight and can be fixed by you for under your excess figure you just tell your insurers that you are not claiming for damage to your own vehicle.

You need to notify your insurers even if the other party accepts an offer by you to pay for his repairs, but it will be recorded as "no cost notification only" so won't affect your NCD or premium.

Hope this helps and you get the situation resolved quickly and inexpensively.

for the £350 that you would pay the xs you could prob get the cars fixed without the insurance if the other car has no paint damage and just a dent there is companys that can fix this without the neet to paint

I paid £100 for the rear corner of our Porsche's bumper to be sprayed, they endud up doing halt the bumper and you can't tell it has ever been sprayed. Contact a smart reparer they are far cheaper then a body shop.

If the car was illegally parked and blocking your access inform your insurance company about it. It may be cynical to do it but they shouldn't have been there in the first place. Wouuldn't suprise me if they refuse to pay out

If you go via the insurance route you will only have to pay the policy excess on your own car. The other guy will not pay any excess because your insurers will be paying for his damage.

Should you decide to proceed via your insurers you do not neccessarily need to pay ANY excess. If your damage is slight and can be fixed by you for under your excess figure you just tell your insurers that you are not claiming for damage to your own vehicle.

You need to notify your insurers even if the other party accepts an offer by you to pay for his repairs, but it will be recorded as "no cost notification only" so won't affect your NCD or premium.

Hope this helps and you get the situation resolved quickly and inexpensively.

even if there is no cost implication through your policy but you notify them they still load it as it was an incident i experianced this in past 2 years

I paid £100 for the rear corner of our Porsche's bumper to be sprayed, they endud up doing halt the bumper and you can't tell it has ever been sprayed. Contact a smart reparer they are far cheaper then a body shop.

If the car was illegally parked and blocking your access inform your insurance company about it. It may be cynical to do it but they shouldn't have been there in the first place. Wouuldn't suprise me if they refuse to pay out

Very unlikely that it was illegally parked if it was displaying a valid blue badge and clock, and the badge holder was using the car.

Another factor to think about is that you should never reverse into the road from driveways etc.