Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Blue Dials, A/c Unit And Switches

I've received all the stuff ive ordered apart from the neo wedges and the t10 and t5 bases (on their way from the usa), I ordered white 3mm leds instead of blue buy mistake, so had to order another set of blues (keeping the white ones). I've had a little practice soldering the 0805 leds for the stereo and am quite confident in doing them. I havent used a soldering iron since my school days (7 yrs ago)

Going to wait for the blue leds to arrive and then ill start

I dont know if to use the 3mm leds or the superflux leds for the dash, Ill make a set of both up so I compare and see what ones are better.

Ill keep an update on the progress and post up a few pics along the way

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fitted the door markers, there brilliant, there not flush with the door, but there too thin not too think so they dont stick out, i think they look really cool myself.

Hey Phil, were did you get your door markers mate? and for how much ?

alright mate, any lexus dealer, and 2.77 each, here are pics:

They look good, but if they are ANY colour other than red; they are illegal because they are a warning light showing to the rear of the vehicle.

They are in red as standard, there only door marker lights when you open the door once stopped

alright mate, any lexus dealer, and 2.77 each, here are pics:

They look good, but if they are ANY colour other than red; they are illegal because they are a warning light showing to the rear of the vehicle.

so how do so many other cars have clear/white markers??

its not a problem at all..

In point of law I'm fairly sure what fjc has said is correct kinda, from the information I have

Red or White or Amber can be shown from the rear of your car, no other colours.

However let's be honest, what sort of ain't got nothing better to do jobsworth copper is going to do you for it ?

Hi guys,

I was reading this thread and I also want to change my dials but to white, I've seen the guide on how to do it, but I don't have any idea which LED bulbs I need to get. I was wondering if anyone could tell me which bulbs I needed and the best place to get them? Any help much appreciated.

Thanks,

Anil

just a quick update on the conversion, after many hours making the LED bulbs Ive managed to do the dials and ignition barrell.

Sorry for the poor quality of picture, I had to use my phone as I cant find the charger for my camera. Once I find it I'll post some better pics

Note: dials arent as bright as they look in the pictures.

An early setup using the superflux leds for the t10's and a single 3mm inverted LED for the t5's

DSC00356.jpg

A final setup using the same t5's but using 3 x 3mm inverted leds for the t10's

DSC00359.jpg

DSC00363.jpg

DSC00362.jpg

for the ignition barrel I just broke the orignal bulb and soldered a LED and a resistor to the wedge base and replaced it

Looking good mate, I understand what you mean about the pics, vey difficult to get the camera to

give a natural picture as your eye would see it.

As a result are they bright enough to keep you happy and show everything clearly or still a tiny bit too dim ?

Cheers DJ

I think they are fine and Im happy with them, but there is a few dim spots but you have to look really hard to find them

As a comparison, they look like the 80mph in the first picture to the naked eye

Just got to do the rest of it now, Im gonna take the a/c and radio out tommorrow just to have a look inside the units