Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Blue Dials, A/c Unit And Switches

looks good..

what were the 3x3mm inverted leds you used??

seems to spread the light a lot better

sorry, I should of explained more. They are just single 3mm flat top leds, I soldered 3 of them together on a pcb board and put them in the orignal holders and glued them in. I had to keep taking them out of the dials and keep adjusting the position of the leds so I got a even spread, time comsuming but worth it. (I brought a 13.8v power supply so luckily i didnt have to keep putting the dials back in the car)

I'll take some pics of just the leds wired together but not in the holder and post them up tomorrow

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few more pics

dials

DSC00388.jpg

A/c without clock

DSC00392.jpg

Heated seats and trc/snow switches

DSC00375.jpg

Ignition and rear fog and headlamp washer switch

DSC00384.jpg

courtesy light

DSC00398.jpg

I know the photo qualitys crap but had to use my phone again

The bright spots in the photos are not as bright as they appear to the naked eye. you can hardly notice them.

I'm gonna buy some more leds and redo the whole lot and try and eliminate all the bright and dull spots. want them to be perfect.

All i got left to do is the stereo and window controls.

Once i sort my camera out hopefully i'll post some better pics up

what method did you use for the ac mate?

I was going to use stavs method (thanks for the guide) but decided to solder 6 individual leds (3 leds-blower position and temp dials, 2 leds- A/c dial, 1 led- button illumiation) onto the circuit board and then spent the most part of the day sorting the position of leds to get the best spread of light. most of the time was spent taking the unit apart and putting it back together to test them.

When I redo them, ill take some pics of the poccess i used although i might use stavs.

here's the latest pic of dials and stereo, sorry for terrible photo, was in a rush so kinda looks naff, looks great in the dark tho (even better when stereo on!! DOH!!)

04122008060.jpg

Looks quite cool mate. So what type of LEDs did you use for the A/c unit and the watch? And how many? I already have a different stereo(*blue...) so I wont need to replace that.

my photo looks poor cus i got the flash on but they are bright lol

The ac i used strip leds like THESE, there great, just fold em in and solder one connector

The clock were just 2 t5s if i remember right, but you have to file the bulb down and dab superglue over the lens other wise there too bright and you have two big dots in the clock

here's the latest pic of dials and stereo, sorry for terrible photo, was in a rush so kinda looks naff, looks great in the dark tho (even better when stereo on!! DOH!!)

04122008060.jpg

did you do anything to the stereo leds to make them more of a match to the rest of the dash as mine are a lot brighter. I used 0805 smd's brought of eBay

P1060183.jpg

I made these up out of the remaining leds for the stereo for the time being untill i get some others sorted. Atleast the wirings all in for now, i just took a feed of the ignition.

DSC00413.jpg

DSC00414.jpg

Please wait a few seconds for Video to Load!

I know that i need to clean my car and get some decent mats lol

I've changed my LEDs, but the smaller bulbs that I used for the fuel gauge bit and the low revs doesn't appear to be working, but I used the same bulb type for my ignition barrel and that works fine. Anyone got any ideas? I tried turning the bulbs around but didn't seem to make much of a difference.

The bulbs I used are (item no 200290951444)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...N:IT&ih=010

• 11 months later...
be careful on the stereo mate, i bought a broken one off ebay first to practice and i demolished it! there just so damn small!

Just a quick tip, when doing the stereo, you dont actually need any solder. if you just heat up the existing and pic the led off with tweezers, place the new one on and just heat it back up again, when i tried using solder i got in a right mess and ended up with solder across both connectors. Bad Times!!

sorry to bring up an old thread but im looking to change the bulbs on my instrument panel ( the clocks, speedo etc) and the heaters,A/C etc.

just to confirm, i need 3 of these for the heaters and A/C

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/i.html?_nkw=neo+wed...e&_osacat=0

and for my intstrument panel i need 5 of these

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/i.html?_nkw=neo+wed...0&_osacat=0

not so sure but if someone could correct me that would be great

thanks

Mo

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links