Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Blue Dials, A/c Unit And Switches

I need a bit of help from the guys in the know

I now know (with the help of aztec and andy-r, cheers guys) what bulbs are needed for the dials and a/c unit, but I do not know where to get them from.

I've looked on eBay and theres so many different types, Id probally end up buying a load that are crap.

I know its 6 x t10/501 and 4 x t5/286 for the dials, a/c and clock, but where do I get them from?

Ive seen theese on the Bay of E

T5 bulbs

T10 bulbs

will they be any good if not are the invererted or normal rounded leds the best?

Has anyone else done this and what bulbs did you use and where did you get them from

I also want to do the ignition barrel, stereo, trc, snow and heated seat buttons but I dont know what bulbs are needed.

I had the speedo out earlier and took the orange caps off the bulbs and had a look at hte ignition barrel but there was no removable bulb.

If the stereo will be a major problem I might look into getting a double din screen put in instead

Cheers guys

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I need a bit of help from the guys in the know

I now know (with the help of aztec and andy-r, cheers guys) what bulbs are needed for the dials and a/c unit, but I do not know where to get them from.

I've looked on ebay and theres so many different types, Id probally end up buying a load that are crap.

I know its 6 x t10/501 and 4 x t5/286 for the dials, a/c and clock, but where do I get them from?

Ive seen theese on the Bay of E

T5 bulbs

T10 bulbs

will they be any good if not are the invererted or normal rounded leds the best?

Has anyone else done this and what bulbs did you use and where did you get them from

I also want to do the ignition barrel, stereo, trc, snow and heated seat buttons but I dont know what bulbs are needed.

I had the speedo out earlier and took the orange caps off the bulbs and had a look at hte ignition barrel but there was no removable bulb.

If the stereo will be a major problem I might look into getting a double din screen put in instead

Cheers guys

dont bother buying bulbs for the ac, they give off no light at all. best is to solder a series of leds, of buy strip leds and fold them in, is what i have done and so far had great results

ignition ring is easy. cant remeber type of bulb but i'll find out and let you know,

as for stereo, its not easy mate, the leds required are the size of a pin head and you need to solder around 30 of em. end results are pretty fantastic tho. i did mine and im well happy.

ill post a photo later,

Alright fella, i'd reccomend the rounded bulbs instead of the inverted as inverted is more of a beam rather than a spread of light.

The ignition barrel bulb does come out but it can be a pain in the bottom, it took me a few goes to get mine out and then I realised I had the wrong bulb :duh: .

The stereo would need alot of tiny bulbs a steady hand and soldering, funtimephil's done his recently if you have a mooch through his post's you'll see what's what.

^^^^^ beat me to it.

Been having a little look on the net and decide to make my own bulbs using THESE and THESE. Ill also get the T5 holders aswell. I know i'll have to wire in a resistor and glue them all together. But I think it will be worth it

I took the window controls off earlier to see what bulb was needed for them and it looked like the one needed for the stereo.

I'd be confident enough to give the stereo ago so I'm also going to order THESE.

To get the right match between the superflux and 0805 led's will I have to change the value of the resistor for the superflux or will the wave lenght and intesity be ok?

I dont know what value resistor to use but I'm sure I can read on the forum somewhere what one

INTENSITY 80-100mcd

FORWARD VOLTAGE 3.0—3.6v

FORWARD CURRENT 20m/a

DOMI WAVELENGTH 460--470nm

VIEWING ANGLE 120 degrees

Superflux

Emitting Wavelength (nm): 465-470

Intensity (mcd): 1500-2500

Viewing Angle (deg): 100

Forward Voltage (mA): 3.0-3.6

Forward Current (V): 20-30

How many 0805 leds do I need for the stereo?

oh and as for the dash, you dont really need mega special bulbs, just normal wide angled inverted ones off ebay, this is what mine looks like with those.

Thread

Love the look of green and blue.

Has anyone got a guide or complete list of bulb types and quantity for the complete transformation of dials, a/c, stereo, trc, snow, heated seats and ignition barrel.

Ive searched and searched but cannot find a definate guide

I beleive I need

3xT10 and 3XT5 for the dash

30 plus 0805 smd for the stereo

5x neo wedge but I dont know what size T3/T4/T5???? for the trc/snow and heated seat switches

Not to sure on the a/c unit, Ive read so many different ways

Ignition barrell 5 mm LED ????

I've thought about putting some footwells leds in aswell.

Im thinking all blue

or

green and blue dials, blue dash with green stereo and clock display with green footwell lights

or

or blue and red dials blue dash with red stereo and clock display with red footwell lights

or

all white

Yeah, that is very interesting. Looks like part number 81231-50010 will fit the IS300, can't imagine that the IS200 would be different.

Just phoned Lexus and list price is £2.77 plus VAT for that part. Wow, cheap ! :ohmy:

A cheap part, i don't believe you there must be a catch or it won't fit lol :whistling:

Or as soon as we all try to buy them the prices will rocket lmao

I havent fitted them myself but will be ordering some

Apparently they are NOT a perfect replacement but they will fit, but wont sit flush will the door card.

I'm sure with a bit of modding they can be made to sit flush.

For me aslong as they are clear I'm not bothered.

Quick question should the Snow & TRC OFF button light up at all? Talking about the ones next to the heated seat buttons which do light up when on.

They light up on my dash when pressed, just wonderd if they did on the other bit, thanks.

Quick question should the Snow & TRC OFF button light up at all? Talking about the ones next to the heated seat buttons which do light up when on.

They light up on my dash when pressed, just wonderd if they did on the other bit, thanks.

they do but i have never managed to get much light from them, i originally thought the bulbs had gone, but when i took them out to test they were really bright, then i swapped them for some blue ones. again when there in you can barely tell.

they do but i have never managed to get much light from them, i originally thought the bulbs had gone, but when i took them out to test they were really bright, then i swapped them for some blue ones. again when there in you can barely tell.

Cool thanks Phil I prob wont bother with them then, was just wondering never notcied before but been using the Snow button alot to test if it really does effect the fuel lol..

I've just ordered all the bits and peices, once I receive them all, I'll start the transformation. I'll take some pics along the way.

I'm gonna use stavs guide (cheers matey) for the a/c and stereo and a mixture of ideas for the rest.

Hopefully once done all the orange lights will be replaced by blue leds

This is what Ive orderd off eBay

100x 3mm flat top LED + resistor

100x 0805 smt LED

20x 5mm superflux LED

10x T10 twist base

10x T5 twist base

10x t3 neo wedge

1x soldering kit

1x glue gun

1x multimeter

be careful on the stereo mate, i bought a broken one off eBay first to practice and i demolished it! there just so damn small!

Just a quick tip, when doing the stereo, you dont actually need any solder. if you just heat up the existing and pic the LED off with tweezers, place the new one on and just heat it back up again, when i tried using solder i got in a right mess and ended up with solder across both connectors. Bad Times!!

be careful on the stereo mate, i bought a broken one off ebay first to practice and i demolished it! there just so damn small!

Just a quick tip, when doing the stereo, you dont actually need any solder. if you just heat up the existing and pic the led off with tweezers, place the new one on and just heat it back up again, when i tried using solder i got in a right mess and ended up with solder across both connectors. Bad Times!!

Cheers, I'll bear that in mind.

Ive brought some pcb board just to practice on.

If I do make a mess of it, Ill have to treat myself to a double din dvd player

be careful on the stereo mate, i bought a broken one off ebay first to practice and i demolished it! there just so damn small!

Just a quick tip, when doing the stereo, you dont actually need any solder. if you just heat up the existing and pic the led off with tweezers, place the new one on and just heat it back up again, when i tried using solder i got in a right mess and ended up with solder across both connectors. Bad Times!!

Cheers, I'll bear that in mind.

Ive brought some pcb board just to practice on.

If I do make a mess of it, Ill have to treat myself to a double din dvd player

oh just another quick one, dont know if everyone has had this, but when you take the stereo out, be really slow and try not to tilt it or knock it. Since i did mine my played is playing up with error1 now. and only since i took it out