Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Draining Cooling System

Andy-R

How easy is it to drain all the water/coolant/anitfreeze out of the system? is it just a case of undoing the bleed on the rad waiting for it all to pour out, and then re-filling?

Thinking it's about time to put clean water into the system as it's not been done since i've had it (21months) and it's anyones guess when it was last done if ever.

Cheers.

How easy is it to drain all the water/coolant/anitfreeze out of the system? is it just a case of undoing the bleed on the rad waiting for it all to pour out, and then re-filling?

Thinking it's about time to put clean water into the system as it's not been done since i've had it (21months) and it's anyones guess when it was last done if ever.

Cheers.

yes open tap on rad and drain out don't put water in it though put for life coolant in there from toyota ;)

I just did mine, bought the real pink stuff from Toyota, I bought two 5 litre containers & ended up only using one container! I understand there's about 7 litres total in the cooling system but a couple litres or so hide in places like the heater matrix etc.

Bleeding was a pain, had to raise the front of the car, take it for a run, raise the front of the car again before i got all the air bubbles out.

I just did mine, bought the real pink stuff from Toyota, I bought two 5 litre containers & ended up only using one container! I understand there's about 7 litres total in the cooling system but a couple litres or so hide in places like the heater matrix etc.

Bleeding was a pain, had to raise the front of the car, take it for a run, raise the front of the car again before i got all the air bubbles out.

So you have now got one container for sale, at a knock down price :lol: :lol:

Could have been different types.

Seem to remember they have 2 types, different colours I think, Pink or Red if my memory is still there ...

One is 'long life' the other is 'for life'.

So maybe not such a great big mystery :whistling:

TG

I paid a good bit more than that, more like 26 quid for 5 litres - Mole sorry mate, I took it back for a refund :)

I phoned up Lexus today coz need some to top mine up.and i am getting it from toyota garage..and the parts man said i need "super long life coolant" and said make sure you say to the toyota garage that its the "pink" one not the red one..... ;)