Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is250 Auto Box, Using Manual Shift.

I've had a play with the manual sequential change on the auto box for the first time today. It seems to work perfectly. However I kept changing up when I wanted to change down, and changing down when I wanted to change up.

The lower gears are obtained by moving the lever towards you, whereas on most uk manual cars it's the other way arround.

Is there an option in the car settup to reverse the direction of use of the manual shift? I'm assuming that the lever opperates a microswitch and that the software in the car is doing the gear change, so maybe a software change would fix this problem.

I've always found myself doing exactly the same thing in courtesy cars, just give up and end up using the paddles - it's so counter-intuitive!

I'm glad there's a mod though, does that work on all the Lexus cars with a sequential shift?

I've always found myself doing exactly the same thing in courtesy cars, just give up and end up using the paddles - it's so counter-intuitive!

I'm glad there's a mod though, does that work on all the Lexus cars with a sequential shift?

yup

was £25 all in :whistling:

I think Japanese cars suffer from this 'opposite' approach - and I don't know why.

My RX (OK it doesn't have paddles :P ) is exactly the same, and it can get infuriating when you want to go into a lower gear (for rev holding around a corner for example) and knock it high...

I've learnt to live with it now...and plus the RX is a big heavy vehicle so I'm not flicking through the box really ;)

I think Japanese cars suffer from this 'opposite' approach - and I don't know why.

My RX (OK it doesn't have paddles :P ) is exactly the same, and it can get infuriating when you want to go into a lower gear (for rev holding around a corner for example) and knock it high...

I've learnt to live with it now...and plus the RX is a big heavy vehicle so I'm not flicking through the box really ;)

I suppose it matches a bike pedal. Back, heel part changes down, front, toe, up.

Well, at least I'm pleased to say the flappy paddles are the correct way round for me, change up on the right and down on the left. That's the same as every diving simulator I've ever played. So there's only a problem if I'm feeling lazy and want to keep one hand on the gear shift.

I had a good hour and a half long blast and play with the paddles the day before yesterday, drove over Woodhead pass, and back to Manchester over Saddleworth moor. Perfect gear change every time, never did anything unexpected. The car does feel a little skittish over uneven roads at very high speed though, but has good feel through the steering wheel. I took a 2.5L Deisel Alpha Brera over the same road a couple of months ago and with 20mph more speed and felt more in control. Shame about the low roof in the Brera, can't fit in it properly.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links