Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2006 Is250 - Steering And Start-up Problems

Hi All - First time poster here!

I've recently brought my 2006 IS250 and have found 2 problems with it.

First is that it makes a jumping/skipping noise when I full lock the steering. Has anyone experienced anything similar?

Secondly, I took the car to lexus as soon as I brought it as it made a cracking/rattling noise when pressing the start button and the dials swept across. They changed the instrument cluster under warrenty. However, this has put my milage back down to zero. Although this is documented in the service book, I'm worried this may put of potential buyers when it comes to reselling a few years down the line. Is this something to be worried about? Has anyone had similar problems? Lexus told me they cannot set the milage to what is previouly was :angry:

IIRC others who have complained about cluster noise have been given this same remedy and have found the replacement unit shows 'zero' miles. Rationally, there is nothing wrong with this as it has been properly recorded and logged in the service schedules - but you may get some punter who doesn't understand what has been done and why.

Is the skipping noise coming from the front? Does it feel like the car's trying to go straight on or is it just a noise?

It is coming from the front from what I can gather and does feel like the wheels are trying to do something. Any thoughts?

i think from your description that it is just tyre skip,a trait of wider tyres. when turning on full lock the inner tyre takes a shorter route than the outer tyre causing them fight against each other.this shows more on rear wheel drive cars than front wheel drive because the turning circle is smaller.

i think from your description that it is just tyre skip,a trait of wider tyres. when turning on full lock the inner tyre takes a shorter route than the outer tyre causing them fight against each other.this shows more on rear wheel drive cars than front wheel drive because the turning circle is smaller.

Thanks. I've just spoken to a technican at Lexus and he has pretty much told me the same thing. If anyone else has any other diagnosis, I appreciate their feedback.

Yes that's what I was thinking too.

If other IS250's don't do it, then you could *maybe* get the geometry checked, because I think I read somwhere that a lot of castor angle can cause this issue, but it could well be a trait of the new shape IS. I don't think my older shape IS does it but then it's a totally different car.

If the Lexus technician is happy it's normal then it probably is :)

Yes that's what I was thinking too.

If other IS250's don't do it, then you could *maybe* get the geometry checked, because I think I read somwhere that a lot of castor angle can cause this issue, but it could well be a trait of the new shape IS. I don't think my older shape IS does it but then it's a totally different car.

If the Lexus technician is happy it's normal then it probably is :)

Thanks - I'm taking it to the technican on Saturday so he can confirm this is what it is. I'll feedback following this.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links