Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Flicking Needles

jaylew

Hi all,

Ive got a IS200 1998, The car has been parked up for 5 days without any use, got in it today to find the petrol needle going up then down with petrol light flashing,temp gauge up down up down (flicking) MPG needle sticking on 0 , and the inside temp gauge saying E .

Could all this possibly be down to a faulty Battery as it seems to struggle when locking/unlocking.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Jay

Does the car start ok ? Does it battery seem to hold a charge ok ?

When you say it struffles in locking/unlocking, what do you mean, what happens ?

Hi Stevie

Battery saying 10 Volts , and as for locking/unlocking, When i press the lock on fob,the central locking comes on but no lights for the alarm.

When unlocking, ive got to keep pressing till it finally unlocks, there is no problem starting the car and there is no change in the performance.

Cheers

Jay

Just a quick update on flickin !!

Bad to Worse comes to mind............. Got in it this morn and same is happening, finnished work thats wen it all went wrong,

managed to get into car ,but unable to turn alarm off, well can turn it off with fob then when the door is opened it sets off alarm !!!! its goin into garage tomorrow so fingers crossed it will just be a Battery or a dodgy senser . Thanks again for all the advice and will update tomorrow after ive been stiffed !!!!!!!

• 1 month later...
Just a quick update on flickin !!

Bad to Worse comes to mind............. Got in it this morn and same is happening, finnished work thats wen it all went wrong,

managed to get into car ,but unable to turn alarm off, well can turn it off with fob then when the door is opened it sets off alarm !!!! its goin into garage tomorrow so fingers crossed it will just be a battery or a dodgy senser . Thanks again for all the advice and will update tomorrow after ive been stiffed !!!!!!!

i have the same problem. did you get it sorted. if so what was wrong.

I'm thinking new Battery, but I'm thinking also the multipin connectors for the dash.

Has the dash been apart recently ?

fixed !!! :D connector plugs behind drivers kick panel. poor connections , ( disconnected Battery ) i just unplugged and replugged connectors, seems to have sorted problems.