Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just Got A Speeding Ticket Throught The Door

Asi

i was driving 80 mph on a 70 2 days ago and just got a letter throught the door

propa gutted lol

Feel for you mate. At least you got the letter through by express too.

Hey, out of interest on speedo accurracy, if they got you for 80 what was your speedo showing?

Right do not sign the NIP send it back with a covering letter basically stating that you do not recall being in that place at the time of the alledged offence and you cannot complete the NIP and admit guilt as you may not have been the driver nor can you say you were not, and ask for pictures of the alledged offence.

When you get the pictures if its you basically you are screwed, if you are not visible driving or obscured and theres any doubt you could be the driver i'd be tempted to push my luck. Granted this is not watertight but all you have to do is give reasonable doubt.

Remember there are alot of cloned cars out there ;)

This isn't a get out clause to speed btw i just despise the revenue cameras and think its about time common sense came back into it.

yeah i will sort something out...its only been 2 weeks since ive passed lol....was gona put it under my mums name but then my older brother gona sort it out. so let you know how we get on lol

btw just paid for being a gold member when would the sig change

thanks

unlucky fella,

was it a fixed camera or a mobile unit at the side of the road?

A liitle :offtopic: but are there any fixed cameras in 70 areas? Don't think I've ever come across.

There are the variable ones on motorways but if not limiting below 70 then didn't think the captured anything?

A liitle :offtopic: but are there any fixed cameras in 70 areas? Don't think I've ever come across.

There are the variable ones on motorways but if not limiting below 70 then didn't think the captured anything?

There aren't too many 70 zones other than motorways in London so I can't say I've ever come across one either, but if by variable ones you're talking about ones like on the M25 then they work all the time.

They initially said they would only come alive when a lower speed limit was in force, then they changed it so they were always on but it was a high limit (around 90mph), but now it's just like a normal speed camera (allows 10% + 2mph - 79mph)

So beware if on a camera section of the M25, I just tend to set the cruise control on now whenever I go through there as I can't be bothered with the risk :)

yeah i will sort something out...its only been 2 weeks since ive passed lol....was gona put it under my mums name but then my older brother gona sort it out. so let you know how we get on lol

btw just paid for being a gold member when would the sig change

thanks

BEWARE; RESPONSIBLE POST

perverting the course of justice can mean a spell inside..is it worth it :question:

Its a ticket ffs..just pay it and you wont have any sleepless nights and you wont risk dropping any of your family in it either

Sorry mate but I think that to be doing 80 in a 70 limit when you only passed your test 2 weeks ago is pretty irresponsible, especially bearing in mind the time of year. You still didn't say what your speedo was showing but it was almost certainly higher than 80. When I originally said I felt for you I didn't realise that you were such a new driver. Hopefully you will admit that you were driving and learn from your mistake.

Don't think it's the fine he's worried about, as he's only passed his test

a couple of weeks ago, which means a bald tyre, another speeding,

using his phone etc etc, and he'll have to resit his driving test.

he wont have to do any of those things then and try to drive sensibly

There aren't too many 70 zones other than motorways in London so I can't say I've ever come across one either, but if by variable ones you're talking about ones like on the M25 then they work all the time.

They initially said they would only come alive when a lower speed limit was in force, then they changed it so they were always on but it was a high limit (around 90mph), but now it's just like a normal speed camera (allows 10% + 2mph - 79mph)

So beware if on a camera section of the M25, I just tend to set the cruise control on now whenever I go through there as I can't be bothered with the risk :)

Hmmm... Didn't know that...me thinks me needs to be a bit more careful next time I go to Heathrow ...ta 4 the info

worse comes to worse.....jus say my mum was drvin lol..

dats it no more speeding

Wow! Isn't your mum a lucky lady. Lovely Xmas present to give her. I hope she realises that if it was a camera that got a pic then she can also be prosecuted for perjury. Also her insurance premiums will be affected adversely for the next 5 years.

well gna ask for photo evidence n c wot happens lol....trus me shes lucky best present ever

you need to get a new keyboard mate as it appears yours is broken!! :whistling:

LOL!

sorry about that. had to type it quickly and was using my Iphone.