Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just Got A Speeding Ticket Throught The Door

Asi

When I got a speeding ticket through the door about 4 years ago.

I forgot to pay it in the 28 days limit, so I posted a check and they sent it back to me saying it was outwith the 28 days and it would be going to court.

Never heard anythiong more about it, so £60 better off and no points added.

Just a thought you could try that mate

Instead of thinking of ways of getting out of the speeding points and fine, how's about making sure that we all don't go over the speed limits. It's very easy to do. When the big dial with the red needle is showing the speed limit, don't push down any more on the accelerator pedal. Having passed your driving test two weeks prior to this, I'm fairly certain that what your instructor told you should still be fresh in your mind. What do I know though, I'm only a grade five driving instructor who is ROSPA trained.

Jim.

P.S. Sorry for the heavy handed rant but I do get the hump when I hear things like this.

When I got a speeding ticket through the door about 4 years ago.

I forgot to pay it in the 28 days limit, so I posted a check and they sent it back to me saying it was outwith the 28 days and it would be going to court.

Never heard anythiong more about it, so £60 better off and no points added.

Just a thought you could try that mate

lucky you mr mole :D

Instead of thinking of ways of getting out of the speeding points and fine, how's about making sure that we all don't go over the speed limits. It's very easy to do. When the big dial with the red needle is showing the speed limit, don't push down any more on the accelerator pedal. Having passed your driving test two weeks prior to this, I'm fairly certain that what your instructor told you should still be fresh in your mind. What do I know though, I'm only a grade five driving instructor who is ROSPA trained.

Jim.

P.S. Sorry for the heavy handed rant but I do get the hump when I hear things like this.

i'm sure asi will be watching his speed and keeping an eye out for speed cams now he's had a ticket.

i know i did. :blush: live nad learn :whistling: :)

everyone speeds, i dont care what people say. some more than others, but we all have at one point!!

as long as its not reckless and extreme speeding then i dont see what the big issue is. just got to be aware and anticipate what other drivers could do. ive had accidents before and apart from 1 they were all under 30mph. either other numptys or driving without full attention on my part. it happens. ul never ever stop accidents.

everyone speeds, i dont care what people say. some more than others, but we all have at one point!!

as long as its not reckless and extreme speeding then i dont see what the big issue is. just got to be aware and anticipate what other drivers could do. ive had accidents before and apart from 1 they were all under 30mph. either other numptys or driving without full attention on my part. it happens. ul never ever stop accidents.

even police cars speed :huh: your right weve all done it

I know it is impossible to stop accidents from happening. With the amount of cars on the roads it is inevatable that at some point or another, some are going to colide with each other. Back to my original point I was making, having passed a driving test two weeks prior to the offence taking place, it's not a good sign getting nicked at this stage of a driving career. Lets hope a lesson has been learned.

I know it is impossible to stop accidents from happening. With the amount of cars on the roads it is inevatable that at some point or another, some are going to colide with each other. Back to my original point I was making, having passed a driving test two weeks prior to the offence taking place, it's not a good sign getting nicked at this stage of a driving career. Lets hope a lesson has been learned.

know what your saying mate and im sure he has had a wake up call . :)

I second that. But again its the common sense factor, i tend to see alot of police speed cameras set up on sundays early morning when the road is clear thats not safety its to generate income and get crime figures. If they put cameras on school roads and crossings etc so much the better but they don't they put them on stretches of road they know its possible to safely wind it up on.

As to getting mother or brother to take the points etc asi, i seriously would not even contemplate it. ITs one thing playing the system and getting away a bit wiser, but perjury and perverting the course of justice is not the way ahead.

Chances are if its blatently not who you claim it is they will nail you to the wall to make an example

Points on your licence are always going to act as a deterrent and make you think twice too.

On your mothers means you have effectively got away with it.

Take it on the chin, learn from it and you'll be a better person for it.

Trust me- I've been there and done that ( only much worse situation) and I'm now a much safer driver because of it.

Jim.

i'm sure asi will be watching his speed and keeping an eye out for speed cams now he's had a ticket.

i know i did. :blush: live nad learn :whistling: :)

for sure i will be watching my speed lol

Instead of finding childish irresponsible ways to get out of a speeding ticket, just accept it. You were driving over the limit - 2 weeks after passing your test - what will you do after a year or two and your confidence gets higher (although it seems your confidence is beyond your capabilities at the moment)?

Just to pick up on the point that 'sorted vti' made - how would you define 'reckless speed'? Is doing 90mph on a deserted motorway reckless, and is driving at 30mph through a school zone at 3.30/4pm perfectly reasonable? What about if there's kids in the road - is it still ok to do 30mph - you're still in the speed limit remember..... but a car hitting a child at 30mph is going to leave a few nasty injuries?

The basis of any basic driving and emergency driving course is IT'S A SPEED LIMIT, NOT A TARGET.

Rather than seemingly finding this whole thing funny and trying to think of ways to outwit the police and the courts - grow up and take responsibility for your own actions. My father used to say that to me when I was young and foolish, and he wasn't wrong.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links